• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Poll: Should bigbris1 Be UnBanned???

thirstmode

Reaction score
I actually signed up for this site based on the thread started by him and wondered why he was banned. So I took a few days to go through his posts, mainly to see if the Join Noob thread was a scam of sorts or if he was genuine.

I spent countless hours poring over every post he has made in the last few months and some going further back then that and have realized that he my have been banned without real reason. I know he spazzed out on that last rant in the Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics thread with physical threats but I see far more jackassery and questionable behavior going on here from being a lurker, and even more once I decided to join and post.

Please be clear that I am NOT bigbris1 but am an unvested party that thought he got a raw deal overall. I'm a fan of polling the community, what say ye?

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't he get banned, unbanned then banned again? I liked him FWIW. I wouldn't mind seeing him back. Speaking of being back, that co-worker I wanted to JO in front of is back in the office full time.

Lighthouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The physical threat thing seems to be a line in the sand. I think they'll let him back after some time passes.

Margarine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thirstmode
have realized that he my have been banned without real reason.

Wrong.

He was initially banned for making a thread in Men's Clothing section generating buzz about an item he was selling on B&S. This is a clear violation stated in the rules. If it was any other person, he would have been perm banned but he was only banned from B&S.

Mods were still lenient with him and allowed his aliases around but he continued to push their buttons and resulted in a perm ban.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Clarification: Is this a poll just for BigBris1 or are we to assume all the other BB's too?

kthanxbi.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Margarine

lol8[1].gif

Bris and Butter (Margarine) should both have been banned b/c they are ******* idiots who don't know when to stop.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Please be clear that I am NOT bigbris1 but am an unvested party that thought he got a raw deal overall. I'm a fan of polling the community, what say ye?

We've yet to determine just how acceptable this "unvested" look is.

Please refer back to this thread for updates.

thirstmode

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
We've yet to determine just how acceptable this "unvested" look is. Please refer back to this thread for updates.
I read through the epic posts and determined that this person I looked up to in a sense got a raw deal. Just gauging what the other members feel. The moderators can check my IP and whatnot to confirm I am not this person.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually signed up for this site based on the thread started by him and wondered why he was banned. So I took a few days to go through his posts, mainly to see if the Join Noob thread was a scam of sorts or if he was genuine. I spent countless hours poring over every post he has made in the last few months and some going further back then that and have realized that he my have been banned without real reason. I know he spazzed out on that last rant in the Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics thread with physical threats but I see far more jackassery and questionable behavior going on here from being a lurker, and even more once I decided to join and post. Please be clear that I am NOT bigbris1 but am an unvested party that thought he got a raw deal overall. I'm a fan of polling the community, what say ye?
Ok, not IBP. He just couldn't shut up about how he was wronged. This was in posts and apparently in PMs. Enough was enough. I wouldn't mind a return, but have no big feelings either way.

sonlegoman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Margarine
Wrong.

He was initially banned for making a thread in Men's Clothing section generating buzz about an item he was selling on B&S. This is a clear violation stated in the rules. If it was any other person, he would have been perm banned but he was only banned from B&S.

Mods were still lenient with him and allowed his aliases around but he continued to push their buttons and resulted in a perm ban.

You seem to know a lot about the situation for a member with only 2 posts...

And for a guy named Margarine. And you seem to have strong opinions on the matter...

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I read through the epic posts and determined that this person I looked up to in a sense got a raw deal. Just gauging what the other members feel. The moderators can check my IP and whatnot to confirm I am not this person.

Before you look up to him you should know he pees his pants.

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know either person but they should stay banned because too many threads are devoted to them, imo.

Can't we all just get a bong?

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
******* LMAO now, both members banned!!!! lolololololol

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
panandzoomhv1ho2.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads