1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: Paul Stuart Sale

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by norcaltransplant, Apr 14, 2005.

1. sashae

sashae Senior member

I saw chukka boots, but no Chelseas...

-s

2. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Senior member

My mistake, sorry. They were Chukka's.

3. HitMan009

HitMan009 Senior member

Does anyone know if Paul Stuart ever carried the Grenson double monk Felstead?

4. ttam

ttam Member

S - If I recall correctly from an earlier post of yours, I think you said your wife would throttle you if you got those monks so I figured I was doing you a favor by buying them and releasing you from the temptation. [​IMG] Â It's my favorite pair of the trio I picked up. Regards, Tom

5. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

Anything in size 7? Especially the side lace shoes?

6. HitMan009

HitMan009 Senior member

When I went at 11:30 this morning, they had 1 1/2 - 2 table full of 7 and 7.5 which coincidentally is my size..... [​IMG]

7. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

(RJMan @ April 14 2005,15:14) Anything in size 7? Â Especially the side lace shoes?
    When I went at 11:30 this morning, they had 1 1/2 - 2 table full of 7 and 7.5 which coincidentally is my size..... [​IMG]
    argh

8. tgfny

tgfny Senior member

I may have issues, add another 15 pair for a total of 21. Bought every 11 SC left and 4 13's for a board member.

9. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

10. Patrick Bateman

"may"? LOL just kidding--are you gonna be competing with Bennie's?? [​IMG]

11. tgfny

tgfny Senior member

(tgfny @ April 14 2005,15:33) I may have issues, add another 15 pair for a total of 21. Bought every 11 SC left and 4 13's for a board member.
    "may"? LOL just kidding--are you gonna be competing with Bennie's?? [​IMG]
    Yeah, I can barely walk in my living room. (Giggles like a little b.tch.) Seems like Christmas and New Years rolled into one. Seriously, only 15 were for me. How do you post pictures?

12. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Senior member

I hope you're not married. Â I can't imagine the missus walking into the living room with her husband laughing in a pile of shoes... EDIT: You realize that the average American male owns 5-6 pairs TOTAL. Â And 15 pairs easily places you in the top 20 percentile (of wierdos. But we all have to be a little wierd to write 20+ pages about a clothing sale...for men). Â Only 150 pairs more before you catch up to the incomparable Mr. Pollock.

13. tgfny

tgfny Senior member

I actually had built-ins installed in my apartment to accomodate the collection (NYC rent-stabilized apartment) but it has grown by another 60 or so pairs since then (lived in Scotland and there are so many great shoes in the UK) and it's now overflowing. I still wear ratty old Belgian's most days.

I wanna catch up to Caruso, not Pollock. Went a little nuts when I dated a girl at PRL and the C&J's came in.

It's okay. Last girl I dated kept her Manolos in the oven and in her kitchen cabinets b/c her collection had way outgrown her closets.

14. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

(Patrick Bateman @ April 14 2005,13:27) The boots were often underneath the tables, on the floor.
    I saw chukka boots, but no Chelseas... -s
    Really? The black boots I got were longer in length than a chukka with a metallic boot strap that wrapped around the top of the boot. Except for the strap, I thought it looked like a Chelsea. What kind of boot is it called then?

15. Patrick Bateman

jodhpur?

(but it has already been established that i'm no boot expert)

16. tgfny

tgfny Senior member

Chukkas are two or three hole lace ups. Chelseas are elastic on the side. Jodhpurs have the wrap around strap. (Or so I thought, no expert either.)

17. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

Don't know what I was thinking earlier...

Anyways, if anybody bought any size 13 jodphur boots that they don't want to keep, drop me a personal message, I'd be interested.

18. HitMan009

HitMan009 Senior member

We should tally up all the shoes that were purchased by members of Styleforum. I find that that number will be really fascinating to me.

Along the way, maybe tally up the clothes too.

19. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

~ 10 for myself.