• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

POLL: Light Gray Sportcoat Buttons

Light gray sportcoat buttons, what do you think?

• dark brown horn

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • light brown horn

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • some sort of metal button (gold, silver, bronze, etc.)

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • other (explained why below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

wannabe

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a question about buttons on a light gray SC.

I asked this question a while back on the "Ask a Question" thread, and got only one or two responses telling me "brown horn." However, I feel that dark brown horn would make the jacket feel more like an orphan. I've looked through the threads for a while, and know that the navy blazer has been covered to death (with white/ivory buttons, brown horn buttons, gold, silver, and bronze metal buttons being all good choices), but I can't seem to find a thread about light gray sportcoats. I rememeber coming across a "Gray blazer, gold buttons" thread that I can't seem to find anymore, but that always seemed pretty odd to me..

I was wondering what choices would be appropriate for a light gray sportcoat.

The color and jacket material seems to be reflected in the picture below. However, my jacket does not have a ticket pocket.

ralph-lauren-gray-flannel-sport-coat.jpg

Thanks guys.

-wannabe

Needsmoreshoes

Reaction score
Some people would would it's a seasonal thing - lighter buttons for Spring and darker for Winter. I for one like light brown horn on grey

But I guess if you've got the time/cash to match your buttons to season perhaps you have other things to worry about!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads