1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Poll: did you find this site via the nyt article?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by VMan, Sep 28, 2004.

1. VMan

VMan Distinguished Member

It seems like there's been a huge wave of new posters on the forum today. Nice to have some 'fresh meat'. Also, even before the article came out, I've noticed quite a few newer members within the past few weeks. I'm wondering, though, how many of you discovered this site by the New York Times article, and how many have just found it on your own?

2. A Harris

A Harris Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Thing is, you have to be logged in to vote, so the results are not going to be anywhere near conclusive...

3. VMan

VMan Distinguished Member

Oh, I didn't know that guests were not allowed to vote in polls.

4. nightowl6261a

nightowl6261a Distinguished Member

let me tell you huge waves from the NYT, i had over 400 hits on the grenson page today alone, now that is huge, before the article, 200 was big, it DBL'D today.....wow

5. qcomqa

qcomqa Member

Yes, I'm one of them. I've read the forums on basenotes.net from time to time over the past year. Recently there I heard about askandyaboutclothes.com which had a link to the NYT article which brought me here.

6. Rabbi Mark

Rabbi Mark Well-Known Member

I had no idea there were so many people in the world that were as brain damaged as me, spending hours and hours and hours reading and researching and thinking about Men's Finer Clothing.

Then I see LAGuy or AHarris, with their 1k + posts and think, Geez, I've got a long way to go to even consider myself as "having a problem."

7. SS1088

SS1088 Member

Well I usually use the askandyaboutclothes.com forum. Andy E-maild me the article so i decided to check this place out because I have been looking for another forum that isnt so slow.

8. vero_group

vero_group Senior Member

9. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Distinguished Member

A rabbi, southern minister, and corporate capitalist walked into a bar...

10. MikeF

MikeF Senior Member

A formerly-baptist rabbi no less. I should really have you talk to my shiksa wife...

11. imageWIS

imageWIS Stylish Dinosaur

(quizzical tone that C. Montgomery Burns uses when he does not understand a word): s-t-y-l-e forum? [​IMG] I just hope that the NYT article brings an infusion of positive members, because from the looks of it the article is starting to cause more trouble than it is worth. Just my 2 cents (3 cents Canadian) Jon.

12. jester

jester Senior Member

I'm one of those new guys who found this through the NYT article--which I otherwise didn't think was so great--but it's wonderful to see so many people who are are serious as I am about this stuff. Whenever I start in with "seven-fold ties" and "flower loops" my wife just rolls her eyes....

Good to be here.

13. gorgekko

gorgekko Distinguished Member

I found it through the Men's Health web site which had a thread on the NYT story. I'm shocked and saddened that I hadn't heard of this forum before...it's just the type of thing I've been looking so long for.

14. A Harris

A Harris Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG] We can stop anytime, right LA Guy?

15. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

LAG & AH: If you want, I can set your post counts back to a hundred or so, so you can feel normal again. Just ask, I'm happy to 'enable'. [​IMG] As for myself I set mine the other day to 9999 because all the posts made on my 'other personality' in the system weren't counted in my total, and also to look like I participate here more than anyone else.