• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Poll - Dark chocolate vs burgundy grenadine tie?

Dark chocolate vs burgundy

• Dark chocolate

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Burgundy

Votes: 10 90.9%

• Total voters

ProvenStyle

Reaction score
I am having the most difficult time choosing between the two.

I have the Sam Hober midnight navy as my first grenadine.

Looking to add my second tie.

The tie will be used primarily for my navy suit for work.

Dark chocolate vs burgundy grenadine?

Help?

papado

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of burgundy--my first grenadine was burgundy from Kent Wang. You can even pair it with some oxblood/burgundy shoes with that navy suit and you'll look great (not sure how SF approved this combo is but I've always liked it...)

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It really does depend on what you have in your wardrobe and the occasions at which you will wear it, not a public opinion poll.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the burgundy is more versatile. It goes with navy, gray, and brown. The brown would only go with navy and gray. As GBR mentions it depends what's in your wardrobe. I would personally go with burgundy, because I have a lot of brown jackets.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find the other part of SF's reservations about brown ties odder than the part that likes them.

OP, get the one you like better and then get the other when you're ready to buy another tie. Either will be useful for you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads