• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Polishing shoes w/ contrasting stiching

rothko

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a pair of black loafers with contrasting stiching. They are casual shoes, however, they could use some polish and a shine. Any ideas on how to add some polish to the shoes without getting the white stiches black? I tried some neutral polish on one part, but the neutral polish makes the shoe look, for lack of a better word, 'sickly.'

The loafers are not expensive, so I wouldn't mind experimenting a bit.

Thanks

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
try another brand of neutral polish or alter your technique. the only alternative i can think of is to use saddle soap. it leaves my soccer shoes looking like new, but it will leave your shoes with more of a matte finish than a shine. if you decide to try it, make sure you get the cream in a bottle, not the paste in a tin. the cream is much easier to work with.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy