1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Polish Your Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Slickman, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Northampton Novice

Northampton Novice Senior member

Do you guys use different brushes for different color shoes? Do you worry about he wax/cream from the dauber and horsehair brush rubbing off on a shoe of a different color?

Yes and whilst I don't worry about it I try to avoid cross coloring where possible.

Surprised Lear has chimed in yet as the SF shoe shine supremo[​IMG]

2. Redwoood

Redwoood Senior member

Do you guys use different brushes for different color shoes? Do you worry about he wax/cream from the dauber and horsehair brush rubbing off on a shoe of a different color?

I do.

3. ktrp

ktrp Senior member

Do you have to use Wax (Saphir Pate Luxe etc), or can you just use Cream (Saphir MDO Cream)?

Can you just use shoe cream and buff till shine without wax?

Cream doesn't shine up as much. I'm not sure if it protects as well, or covers scuffs as well. On the other hand, I find it easier for applying actual colour when required. When I only shined my shoes when they looked like hell, I found cream better, now that I'm doing it regularly, I only use cream occasionally, and am mainly using wax.

4. nihraguk

nihraguk Active Member

The youtube video linked to by the OP seems to have been made 'Private'. Does anyone have an alternate link?

5. Johnny_V

Johnny_V Member

Wondering - did anyone find a working link for this youtube video? Or better yet - did anyone make a copy of it?
    thanks

6. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

Barge Cement to repair rubber on leather is good.

i.e. if your Topy becomes loose and you need to reglue it.

Just make sure that you clean and sand both surfaces.
    Both to remove debris and to prepare for the glue.

Also let it sit for 15 mins before placing the two sides together.

7. dshap

dshap Active Member

How do I watch the video, it's marked private?

8. nihraguk

nihraguk Active Member

9. paskaldjay

paskaldjay Active Member

From what I read, Yuya Hasegawa use 3 type of Brush (Horsehair for Cleaning, Pig Bristle for Cream Polish applicator & brushing then Goat Hair for final Wax brushing) & 2 type of Cloth (The white one & the red but the material still unknown to the public). Distinguish the Brush is quite simple from what we hear too, the pig bristle which is coarser than horsehair sounds more 'crispy' & the Goat hair which is the softest from all brush will sound 'Soft' almost like it not brushing the shoe [​IMG] Of course the horsehair is the most neutral sounding to Us. Cheers

10. powenb

powenb Well-Known Member

Post deleted.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012