• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Polish for AE chili? And bringing out red in Merlot

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What color polish for AE's chili should I use. I've been using "Mid tan" kiwi with really nice shine. But, if Kiwi gives me that good of a shine I would think Lincoln would do even better. So, mahogany? Light brown? Tan?

Also, how can I bring out the red in my merlot shoes. Oxblood or red polish? Cream?

LSeca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually use the AE "chestnut" cream on my chili colored shoes. For me, I have found that the chili cream darkens the shoe too much. The chestnut is a bit lighter and maintains the leather very well.

Pundit

Reaction score
I also have been using the AE chili cream, but will follow up with a Kiwi Mahogany wax and am getting a hint of more red -- I like this alot.

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pundit
I also have been using the AE chili cream, but will follow up with a Kiwi Mahogany wax and am getting a hint of more red -- I like this alot.
Sounds good to me!
Anyone know if Angelus or Lincoln's mahogany is the same?

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pundit
Angelus Mahogany worked so well I can see my reflection.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.