1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Polish advice

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by bydandie, May 24, 2012.

1. bydandie

bydandie Active Member

OK, so I have the nice shoes (Loake 1880 and Cheqaney 125) and I've used Collonil premium lotion on them (applied with a cloth). I've ordered Saphir Médaille d'Or Pommadier Cream and have read that you're supposed to alternate between the pate de luxe and the cream. The question is this, I got Barker wax polish from Pediwear when I got the Loakes, so do I need to buy the pate de lux to alternate, or should the Barker wax polish be of sufficent quality to alternate with the cream?

2. Stirling

Stirling Senior member

The Barker polish isn't fantastic to begin and if you are going to use Saphir cream it's best to use the Saphir wax with it.

3. P-K-L

P-K-L Senior member

Polska rada zazwyczaj nie jest angielski.

4. bydandie

bydandie Active Member

Dzięki, ale mam na myśli wosku buty, a nie z porady Polak! ;)

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  5. paskaldjay

paskaldjay Active Member

I thought buying a 50mL Saphir Wax is not a bad idea although you've that Barker one. From my experience, Saphir is one of the Best polish you'll find, very easy to apply & get a deep penetration to the leather. IMHO, buying a new one also give a chance to compare it with Barker & post it right here [​IMG]