1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Police boot

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Funkenstein, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Funkenstein

Funkenstein Member

I see a lot of threads about custom boot builders sub as Whites, Nicks, Viberg, etc.

I have had a good amount of boots over the years for police work and none last past a year or two.

What is the best make for my situation?

Indiana weather, so snow and below zero in winter, humidity and can be above 100 in summer.

I do run quite a bit so something athletic is good.

Black is a must.

I'm leaning toward Whites farmer rancher, but would like some input.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Funkenstein

Funkenstein Member

Also I should add that I realize this a a style forum and am interested in something aesthetically pleasing. I typically wear "Class A" uniform but also wear a BDU style.

3. T Schmidt

T Schmidt New Member

Take a look at the Danner Acadia. Waterproof, comfortable, takes a polish and can be rebuilt when needed.

Terry

4. Whirling

Whirling Senior member

There are many makers of great all-black boots that should work for you. Danner, as suggested above, are excellent. Chippewa makes a "Black Trooper" version of their Service boot that is great. Thorogood, though lesser known, makes great, high-end boots at a reasonable price...especially because you can get them 30% off nearly all the time at theunionbootpro.com. Also, Red Wing curently has a limited edition of their "postman" style in a lace-up boot that looks great. The choice between the brands should be about fit, ultimately. Go a full size down from what you typically wear in athletic shoes, or half size down from what you wear in a quality American-made dress shoe, such as Allen Edmonds.

5. Funkenstein

Funkenstein Member

I have considered those before but thought it would be better to have a pair custom fitted since I'm already over $300.