Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Pointy and ronded toed shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by scnupe7, May 22, 2002.

1. scnupe7

scnupe7 Senior member

Does anyone have an opinion on the new style of dress shoes with pointy and rounded toe. Ferrgamo has several in his line and a shoe buyer for a dept store told me that alot of designer are going to this style

2. davei

davei Senior member

I like the slim pointy style, since I really, REALLY dislike the flat, squared off chunky look. However, as with anything "in extremis", elf shoes are a turn off.

3. RainCityClotheshound

RainCityClotheshound Well-Known Member

I too like pointed toe shoes,though I have trouble finding the right fit sometimes,because I have wide feet.

Like any extreme in fashion,keep in mind that this style is probably fleeting,and not as practical as a more rounded toe shoe. But as an alternative to wear when going out,"cockroach killer" shoes,or ankle boots are a lot of fun,and you will get noticed.

4. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I think that the more disposable income you have, the more seriously you can consider indulging yourself with current trends. However if you've got a limited clothes budget i'd seriously consider sticking to a more classic shoe or something you actually need.

As what I think of the shoes, I hate the really really pointy ones, but ones with a rounder toe can be nice.