Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Pointer Brand

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by DocHunter, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

^^ Looks cool if you want a duck chore coat. The collar might be on the large side though.

Im actually still curious about the fisher stripe pants, allthough I wear alot less "workwear" these days. Could be really cool summer pants.
    I would probably go true to size based on jp site measures, but who knows...

2. baja

baja New Member

Pointer stuff is da real deal... If your ordering the brown duck/painter white/hickory stripe carpenter jeans order them the next size up for they will shrink. Example if you wear a 30" then buy a 32".

3. Xan7hos

Xan7hos Member

Purchased a duck brown chore coat from Pointer around Nov 2011, it was mentioned somewhere on a blog to size one down for a more stylish, less literal look. I took that advice and I love the fit. It loses some practicality, ie tighter fit thus more difficult to wear layers (you wouldn't want to wear anything heavier than a wool plaid shirt), but it does look great. My first jacket started having seam issues at the button liner, but Pointer exchanged it right away, covered shipping and threw in a t-shirt too. Second jacket is aging beautifully.

4. meso

meso Senior member

Wearing the pointer duck cloth chore coat below. I typically wear a 42-44 and sizing down to a medium-long was perfect. Also I gave it an initial wash to get rid of the rigidness. It's about 22.5" p2p with 25.75" arms. I'm about 6'2.5" & 200 lbs.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012

5. thanos

thanos Active Member

Just thought I'd point out they are running a 20% off sale right now; discount code NEW till 13th of May I think.

I'm also looking at their "slim" jeans - anyone know how they fit?

6. dave

dave Senior member

I bought a pair of their hickory stripe painters pants. Though they're not as well made as most of my denim, they're way nicer than i had expected. they're definitely a fuller cut than most people here would like i would guess, but they're exactly what I was looking for.

7. Madelocal

Madelocal Well-Known Member

Just received my denim chore coat. I went TTS but short (though i'm 6'3") and it fits well after a cold wash and hang dry...enough to throw a sweatshirt on underneath.

The buttons are a bright nickel. I'm not a fan of this. Because of the cheap price tag, i took a chance and ground them down with my Dremel to a nice brushed brass...though the chest pocket snap turned out to be copper! Oh well, it's actually not a bad contrast...just need to let them tarnish up.

Next stop, to the tailors, to do something about that ridiculously large collar. I figure taking off 3/4 inch should bring into the realm of a standard jean jacket collar (as measured off my Levi's).

Will try to remember to post pics if anyone is interested.

Last edited: May 1, 2012

8. rkusmant

rkusmant Senior member

Post photo please, i'm 6'3 250 and just ordered XL regular, I hope it fits okay. Ordered the herringbone chore coat and denim Shawl collar jacket.

9. Najee D.

Najee D. Senior member

^^^^If their sizing is still the same as when I bought my Pointer about 4 years ago, you should be fine with the XL.

10. rkusmant

rkusmant Senior member

Thanks, will report back when the goods are here.

11. NachoBroadway

NachoBroadway Senior member

Just pulled the trigger on these, will post pics worn soon.

12. steve2318

steve2318 Senior member

rukusmant - Any info on the shawl collar jacket?? Might pull the trigger myself.

Thanks.

13. rkusmant

rkusmant Senior member

Just open the package today, sizing is definitely oversized. I have 46-47" chest and still swimming in XL but length is just fine, i'll downsize to L if they have ling version.

14. US Grant

US Grant Senior member

Did you end up getting the collar trimmed down? Very curious how it turned out and would love to see the photos. Am stoked on this jacket but that collar seems pretty super 70s.

I'm a 36S and unless I hear otherwise, am guessing XS despite the measurements posted on the Pointer website.

Thanks all.

15. Matt44

Matt44 Senior member

I had the same concern when I picked up this jacket last year, but the collar really isn't that huge. I gave the jacket a soak to ease the stiffness and that softened the collar (a little), which helps.