1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Pointer Brand

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by DocHunter, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

^^pics of it worn?

2. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Alright here's the deal on Pointer. We stock there overalls but can get anything they make. So what I'm going to do is setup a Pointer category on the site with everything they make listed. It's going to be a special order so it'll take a week to get in. The one thing we ask is that you make sure you order the correct size. The reason being is if we get too many returns it won't be worth the hassle and I'll drop the brand from the site.

If you can't wait til I get it setup call the store and talk to Dave. I'm in the middle of site revamps right now so don't expect to see the cat up for 3 weeks or so.

3. Chris2289

Chris2289 Senior member

I take it you aren't talking about pointer shoes?

4. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

No Pointer workwear.

5. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

Yeah Pointer Shoes are a brand by the people of Converse/Vans that was recently introduced and is stocked in UO-type shops here in Melbourne, not bad, they have a few desert boot-esque sneakers, pretty cheap though (price & quality).

6. titusgroan

titusgroan New Member

Hello - For great service try dealing directly with Pointer through their website. the people running it at super friendly and informative. I've bought 2 chore coats and asked a bunch of questions and they were great. thanks.

7. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Hello - For great service try dealing directly with Pointer through their website. the people running it at super friendly and informative. I've bought 2 chore coats and asked a bunch of questions and they were great. thanks.

That's all fine and dandy, if you want to pay full retail.

8. titusgroan

titusgroan New Member

looks like this dropped off - but I love pointer so... I got a pair of Hickory Stripe Pants direct from Pointer last month - already have 2 chore coat - denim and white. once you buy you get on their mailing list and they'll email you for 10 percent off yer next order. i'm going for the fisher stripe pants next. as for fit - kinda big but will shrink some. but i usually get 38 but will size down to 36 for next order. but they have shrunk a bit and they are comfy and F and they look good w/boots, mocs and canvas sneeks so maybe i'll stick with the 38s... hmmmm........ as for the carpenter denim pant - i emaild the company last year - and can vouch for them from when i got my chore coat - the carpenter pant denim is unwashed/raw. very rigid and dark. it not some shit make in Japan or by Cone but my GOD how can you afford that and EAT???? anyway - my coat lightened up to a nice blue as i've washed it and i usually toss in dryer for a bit (OH GOD NO) then hang dry after that - i like to wear it too much and cant wait for it to drip dry!! I know I know Dont let the GOD OF DENIM HEAR ME!!! but really - if you want pointer buy from them directly from their site - they are nice people and you'll keep them in bidnezz which if you don't know if F'in Tough! I will not to buy any other denim/pants (except chinos - which i've told them to start making) from any one else since Pointer are CHEEP and WELL MADE and Look GOOD and FROM THE USA!!!! good god - what the hell is with you F'Rs??? Get with the Pointer already!!! D

ps CRANES - yer selling it - not making it - calm down!! not a great way to get customers dude.

9. b-ewing

b-ewing Senior member

this is called diggin in the crates- forum style!

Anyone copped some Pointer carpenter pants that can help me out in sizing? I'm interested in the hickory ones mainly
    [​IMG]

10. Dope Nixon

Dope Nixon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Opinions on this jacket?

11. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

^^ Looks cool if you want a duck chore coat. The collar might be on the large side though.

Im actually still curious about the fisher stripe pants, allthough I wear alot less "workwear" these days. Could be really cool summer pants.
    I would probably go true to size based on jp site measures, but who knows...

12. baja

baja New Member

Pointer stuff is da real deal... If your ordering the brown duck/painter white/hickory stripe carpenter jeans order them the next size up for they will shrink. Example if you wear a 30" then buy a 32".

13. Xan7hos

Xan7hos Member

Purchased a duck brown chore coat from Pointer around Nov 2011, it was mentioned somewhere on a blog to size one down for a more stylish, less literal look. I took that advice and I love the fit. It loses some practicality, ie tighter fit thus more difficult to wear layers (you wouldn't want to wear anything heavier than a wool plaid shirt), but it does look great. My first jacket started having seam issues at the button liner, but Pointer exchanged it right away, covered shipping and threw in a t-shirt too. Second jacket is aging beautifully.

14. meso

meso Senior member

Wearing the pointer duck cloth chore coat below. I typically wear a 42-44 and sizing down to a medium-long was perfect. Also I gave it an initial wash to get rid of the rigidness. It's about 22.5" p2p with 25.75" arms. I'm about 6'2.5" & 200 lbs.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  15. thanos

thanos Active Member

Just thought I'd point out they are running a 20% off sale right now; discount code NEW till 13th of May I think.

I'm also looking at their "slim" jeans - anyone know how they fit?

16. dave

dave Senior member

I bought a pair of their hickory stripe painters pants. Though they're not as well made as most of my denim, they're way nicer than i had expected. they're definitely a fuller cut than most people here would like i would guess, but they're exactly what I was looking for.

17. Madelocal

Madelocal Well-Known Member

Just received my denim chore coat. I went TTS but short (though i'm 6'3") and it fits well after a cold wash and hang dry...enough to throw a sweatshirt on underneath.

The buttons are a bright nickel. I'm not a fan of this. Because of the cheap price tag, i took a chance and ground them down with my Dremel to a nice brushed brass...though the chest pocket snap turned out to be copper! Oh well, it's actually not a bad contrast...just need to let them tarnish up.

Next stop, to the tailors, to do something about that ridiculously large collar. I figure taking off 3/4 inch should bring into the realm of a standard jean jacket collar (as measured off my Levi's).

Will try to remember to post pics if anyone is interested.

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  18. rkusmant

rkusmant Senior member

Post photo please, i'm 6'3 250 and just ordered XL regular, I hope it fits okay. Ordered the herringbone chore coat and denim Shawl collar jacket.

19. Najee D.

Najee D. Senior member

^^^^If their sizing is still the same as when I bought my Pointer about 4 years ago, you should be fine with the XL.

20. rkusmant

rkusmant Senior member

Thanks, will report back when the goods are here.