1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Pointer Brand

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by DocHunter, Mar 29, 2009.

1. DocHunter

DocHunter Senior member

Anyone know anything about Pointer Brand?

I'm eyeing the brown duck carpenter jeans and the hickory stripe chore coat. Anyone have any experience with this stuff? I'm trying to figure out how these might shrink and how they are sized before shrinkage. I figure it's so cheap I may as well take a shot.

EDIT: Here's a link http://www.pointerbrand.com/Default.asp

2. Malcolm

Malcolm New Member

I purchased a chore coat from them a couple months ago. I'm between a 36-38 and usually fit in a medium in most shirts but I ended up getting a size small coat and it fits pretty well. There wasn't too much shrinkage from what I remember.

3. DocHunter

DocHunter Senior member

I seem to be around the same size as you (36-38 and medium in most shirts). Is the general concensus on the chore coat to size down? How snug is it one size down?

4. JOA

JOA Senior member

The brand is located about an hour from where I live. Great stuff that lasts forever.

5. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

If I remember right we sell Pointer too. It just hasn't made it to the site yet.

6. robbie

robbie Senior member

i like what i have seen.

7. Django

Django Senior member

I've been thinking about ordering a chorecoat and some pants for a while. I'm curious why their pants run in such bizarre sizes. For the hickory stripe its like 28/32/40 with random lengths available.

8. CTGuy

CTGuy Senior member

A Continuous Lean had a write up on them a while ago and I have been itching to buy some since.

9. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

I just called Dave. We carry Pointer. He want's to know what you guys want and we'll stock it.

10. Django

Django Senior member

Chorecoats in all colors
    Pants, particularly the brown duck, hickory stripe, fisher stripe
    Hats
    I've also seen shirts recently, but they don't have any on their website. Curious what kind of styles they offer.

11. DocHunter

DocHunter Senior member

Can anyone help out with sizing advice? One person has sized down in the chore coat, maybe can we get some fit pics?

12. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

The stuff is real work wear so the fit will be loose. Filson and Carhartt is the same way. If you're going to layer heavily then get the size you normally wear otherwise going down one size seems to work well.

13. Curious_George

Curious_George Senior member

I've been on the verge of ordering a pair of the fisher stripe pants for a while but I haven't been sure how they're sized or if they shrink. I think they're one of the few brands that make fisher stripe in anything other than a coverall, so I have to admit those pants are really tempting.

14. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

^^ A friend has a pair of the indigo carpenters, and they are 2 inches oversized (tagged 32 measure atleast 34), and did shrink as sanforized denim usually do. Im not crazy about the denim quality, the deadstock 80s carhartt pants I have are superior. But I agree, fisher stripe and hickory looks great. Regarding the chore coats, imo the collars are unproportionally big... some measurements and pics http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/jalana...er_raku.html#2 [​IMG] A pic of my friend wearing his indigo pair: [​IMG]

15. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Who else is interested in this brand? Speak up!

16. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

Do they do a normal 5-pcoket that's raw? It looks like everything on their site is stonewashed...

17. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

Who else is interested in this brand? Speak up!

Im interested if you can get a decent size run of the hickory and fisher stripe carpenter pants (e.g. 32x34).

18. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Im interested if you can get a decent size run of the hickory and fisher stripe carpenter pants (e.g. 32x34).

Gee that's the size I wear.

19. Django

Django Senior member

34x30 in hickory and fisher stripe would be awesome.

20. Salad

Salad Senior member

I've been wearing the hickory chore coat for about a month now. They were out of Large for a long time but they should have all sizes in stock now.

I have a Large. I been wearing it over heavy flannel and it fits loose. The body is very boxy. I'm thinking of ordering a medium to see if it fits better since they're so inexpensive. I hang dry it and no shrinkage to speak of. I think I need the other colors as well.

I like it and have been complemented numerous times on it. Actually, one girl said I look like I work in a coal mine. Not sure if that's a complement but I didn't mind.