• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pocket Squares

mattygm

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new on here so ill quickly introduce myself. I am Matt from York, 32, currently in the process of putting together a new business selling primarily pocket squares to start off with then expanding in time.

What i am posting in here for is to get some feedback on how interested people would be in a business like this? i know there are many around already but will try and do a few different things to stand out.

Thinking of doing a subscription service also.

Also, i have a few local sources for fabrics etc but just wondered if anyone knew of any decent online sources for different silks etc with assorted patterns to add some variety?

Anything else i should know of getting into this?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are entering a crowded marketplace with low barriers to entry.

The people who know where to source product are likely the people sourcing product for their own business, so it is a bit like asking ebay sellers where they get their stuff so you can sell it on ebay as well

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Hi all,

I am new on here so ill quickly introduce myself.  I am Matt from York, 32, currently in the process of putting together a new business selling primarily pocket squares to start off with then expanding in time.  

What i am posting in here for is to get some feedback on how interested people would be in a business like this? i know there are many around already but will try and do a few different things to stand out.

Thinking of doing a subscription service also.

Also, i have a few local sources for fabrics etc but just wondered if anyone knew of any decent online sources for different silks etc with assorted patterns to add some variety?

Anything else i should know of getting into this?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

you are quite naive.
i am not saying you can't make money at this,
To break into a crowded market you need interesting designs.

design some interesting patterns and have them digitally printed.
finding fabric on line is a waste of time.
are you in York, Pennsylvania or York England.
either way, you are in the hinterlands.

mattygm

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

We have some interesting designs and very unique already but need to source someone to print these initially like you say.

We are in York, UK.

I understand this is not going to be easy but everything is possible. Any further advice?

Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics