• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....

espa

Reaction score
Thanks all. Thoughts/advice noted and appreciated.

Bases upon the photos, the color of the blue pocket square doesn't offer enough contrast or compliment to the color of your suit or tie. It is simply the wrong shade of blue to wear with that suit.

So would you suggest trying a lighter shade? (Pictures would be a great help.)

Last edited:

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I picked this Simonnot-Godard 100% cotton pocket square up yesterday at Barney's on sale. I believe they make the finest cotton pocket squares in the world. The fine weaving of the fabric, its finish, the hand sewn edges and most of all, their delicious colors put them in a pocket square category all their own.

The colors of this are more suitable for spring and summer. So, I will put it away and look forward to enjoying it when the warm weather returns.

By the way, Barney's had a lot of their Simonnot-Godard cotton solid blue or blue or white with simple colored border pocket squares on sale. It is an excellent time to pick up these elegant classics. Cotton isn't quite so formal as silk making it ideal for more casual, expressive dress. I also like to contrast a cotton pocket square with a silk tie for variety.

Last edited:

WiseguyMMIV

Reaction score
All,

Perhaps I should have posted here my advice request on matching a pocket square and shirt to a certain suit and bowtie. It has only gotten 1 response. Please take a look and offer your comments in this thread or the other one.

As a newbie, I'm just starting to get the hang of the forum hierarchy and where to post this and that. I've no where to go but up. :)

http://www.styleforum.net/t/325386/help-picking-out-shirt-and-pocket-square#post_5936615

Thanks,

Wiseguy

Edit: Image added:

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'll just put this here...

its not silk. :)
and did i just get a "not bad" from the foo? hot damn that makes my week!

It's not silk? Looks it. Shouldn't be folded in any event. Only linen should be folded. Cotton squares shouldn't even exist, so I don't know how to make rules for them.

:D

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else tried Razor Squares? I simply had to have this starched and pre-folded model after seeing it, stiffness be damned. It's still the most beautiful fold I've seen.

confused.gif

That's the most beautiful arrangement of Kleenex I've ever seen...

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In my shopping bag online as well...they're actually cashmere and silk.

Yep, both arrived today. 70% silk, 30% cashmere. I wasn't familiar with this brand but it will certainly be on my radar in the future. Nice patterns and versatile colors. The ancient madder square I can see myself wearing a lot.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Yep, both arrived today. 70% silk, 30% cashmere. I wasn't familiar with this brand but it will certainly be on my radar in the future. Nice patterns and versatile colors. The ancient madder square I can see myself wearing a lot.

Great to know, I wasn't sure of the ratio. How's it fold? I suppose I have one coming soon enough :D

Tirailleur1

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
a few pocket squares from my first collection. Pretty excited now the online store is up. I have started working on the 2nd collection. Check the link in my sig for the whole collection.

Calder

Reaction score

The first is one of my favourite squares.

The others are the two sides of the same square - a rather mad bright plaid thing that works surprisingly well

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not a fan of the rakish tilt on the TV fold...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads