1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GusW, Mar 1, 2011.

1. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

2. quuz

quuz Senior member

Sweet, thanks man! Whats the name of that fabric?

They dont make it anymore, I posted it a few pages back. I have one and its beautiful [​IMG]

3. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

I tried to pick up the secondary stripes in the tie today...

[​IMG]

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

^ Is that a Talbott?

5. Navi

Navi Senior member

I think the straight lines dividing the colours on PS, might be limiting in a way you fold it. And wouldn't look nice if visible. If it doesn't limit you, you might as well cut the PS in 4 parts along the lines. However, I think the idea of using single PS for different colours/shades it works better with asymmetrical patterns. Personal example, here is what I use. Depending on outfit I would fold PS in a way, so the corner with certain colours would show more than the others. Let's say more Purple, or more green,or more yellow. This way you would still see the lines dividing the colours, however in pattern it looks more natural, than just the straight lines.
    Yeah, I love multicolored squares like this. So versatile since you can show multiple colors. I have one like this that I love, let me find it quickly.... Here it is: [​IMG] It has blue, yellow, dark red, pink, brown... Full pic: [​IMG]

6. sugarbutch

^ Is that a Talbott?
    Good eye, Señor Pochette! (Did I buy this from you?) EDIT: Nope. Sartorialism sold it to me.

7. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Good eye, Señor Pochette! (Did I buy this from you?)

Nope - but I have the same one and kept struggling what to do with it!

8. sugarbutch

Nope - but I have the same one and kept struggling what to do with it!

How'd I do?

9. SpooPoker

How'd I do?

Made me want to get a tie like that [​IMG]

10. Navi

Navi Senior member

How'd I do?

I think it'd be bomb with a brown wool tie, or an orange cashmere. Nice square though!

11. sugarbutch

Made me want to get a tie like that [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think it'd be bomb with a brown wool tie, or an orange cashmere. Nice square though!

I don't have any wool ties, but I'd like to try some out next fall. Of course, it remains cool enough for tweed here in San Francisco for most of the year, so maybe I'll just ignore the calendar... I've worn it with a brown tie with cream/tan polka dots, and I thought that turned out pretty well. It's definitely not a color that you see a lot of in ties, shirts, and suits.

12. Navi

Navi Senior member

[​IMG]

I don't have any wool ties, but I'd like to try some out next fall. Of course, it remains cool enough for tweed here in San Francisco for most of the year, so maybe I'll just ignore the calendar... I've worn it with a brown tie with cream/tan polka dots, and I thought that turned out pretty well. It's definitely not a color that you see a lot of in ties, shirts, and suits.

Oh my you are missing out my friend. Wool ties are the shit.

13. Bartlebooth

Bartlebooth Senior member

Came across this last night, and of course I have to share:

A kevlar pocket square

"The Damned is a Bullet-Proof* Gentlemen's Pocket Square measuring 270 mm x 270, made from lemon Military Grade Ballistic Strength Aramid Fibre - to protect the hearts of men. "

[​IMG]

14. GusW

My suggestion for this pocket square is to wear it in casual party or dinner settings when you are in a basic blazer, solid pants and shirt and need a touch a color. It will be a nice, festive accent. But trying to mix and match such strong color with tie and jacket patterns will often come off as a garish afterthought.

[​IMG][/url]

15. Mr. White

Mr. White Senior member

16. GusW

Dunno. Paisley strikes me as so 2005.

1995, 1985, 1965......kinda classic bro

17. GusW

18. GusW

19. SpooPoker

Mariano is a disaster up there.

20. GusW

Say what you will, but I am seeing a steady stream of "pocket parachute" photos coming in from the most influencial bloggers and fashion magazines. A few designers were showing them at the most recent Men's collections in Italy. Will it take hold? Don't know yet, but it could be "the look" in the coming year on WAYWRN. We shall see. Such is the nature of style trends.

[​IMG]

Mariano is a disaster up there.

You mean the old guy with two pocketsquares?

Horrible...