1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GusW, Mar 1, 2011.

1. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

Recently grabbed this. I liked the "marbling" (for lack of a better word), but it is truly tissue thin.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Naive Jr.

Naive Jr. Senior member

Vv
    [​IMG] And here is the pocket-square of the previous post ... look at the beauty of the open design still hand-printed many years ago. [/quote Very beautiful! (bellisimo!) [​IMG]]

3. HansderHund

Was ist Vv?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  4. Naive Jr.

Naive Jr. Senior member

Sorry, my cell phone "did" that. It was umintentional, and I wish I could omit it and this.

5. Gianni Cerutti

Gianni Cerutti Senior member

6. Naive Jr.

Naive Jr. Senior member

You're welcome. You are presenting in a way works of art based on the treasures of the past. I'm refreshed to breathe in culture having been ambushed recently by Big Foot friends, whose spokesman propagate an ideology of dualism rejecting "fashion". But you do bespoke, which means I need more money - maybe I should work as an Affiliate Vendor. In any case, your very beautiful pocket squares have opened my mind and enriched my phantasy. You see an advantage of historical perspective in Italy!

PS: My cell phone shut off and had to recharge it before finishing editing above.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  7. Gianni Cerutti

Your words are noble. Really. Thank you. And I need to do better. Really. They are my strength.

In fact, the fashion and the fashion that I hate. I hate them because I am against globalization aesthetics. I love the difference and the ability to distinguish oneself. They are against the policy of the sheep.

And the vintage fabrics from many years ago have a quality extinct. You could not even play them anymore. And above all the vintage fabrics we ensure uniqueness and difference. This is because they are all endangered and the quantities are very limited.

8. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

is it available if too thin for you?

9. Naive Jr.

Naive Jr. Senior member

Poor Michael Schuhmacher had a ski accident. I hope he gets through.

1 person likes this.
  10. YoungAmerican

YoungAmerican Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

One of our pieces from W2014.

Everything in our whole shop is 40% off until New Year's, incidentally. The code is SILENTNIGHT.

1 person likes this.
  11. rutabaga

rutabaga Senior member

[​IMG]

Bought this PTO cotton square recently and got a lot of compliments at a wedding reception wearing it :)

12. YoungAmerican

YoungAmerican Senior member Dubiously Honored

Awesome, Rutebega. Those handkerchiefs are likely going to be a one-time thing. We got a load of odds and ends from a very high-end shirt fabric store in NY that closed, and, well, they're closed now. Still some left, though.

13. Gianni Cerutti

[​IMG]

And here's another vintage all our pocket-square hemmed by hand.

1 person likes this.
  14. Morning

Morning Active Member

That's one amazing PS! Brand?

15. Chopper88

Chopper88 Senior member

Hermès, it's the 'Carpe Diem'. (Also known as '
    Gloria Soli'). It's from '94.

Although I must say, I've never seen one so thin, the colour also seems slightly faded. Think it was used a lot of times?

16. FlaneurNYC

FlaneurNYC Senior member

It's rare to see silk voile used for a pocket square. More often it's used for ladies garments and accessories—hankies, dresses, etc.

1 person likes this.
  17. Chopper88

Chopper88 Senior member

I've seen Hermès do this on some more designs, but had never seen it on the Carpe Diem. Hence my question.

I didn't know about the voile though, is this different from mousseline?

1 person likes this.
  18. FlaneurNYC

FlaneurNYC Senior member

Mousseline de soie is between organza and chiffon or voile. It has a crisper hand than your square presents.

"Mousseline" is basically "muslin" in French, so that should give you an idea of the difference.

1 person likes this.
  19. HansderHund

Thanks!

^Correct!

It's absolutely thin, but doesn't appear to have been used much, certainly not enough to create wear.

Thank you! I read the earlier posts on my phone and could not remember what it was. It was driving me crazy!

I had never seen it on this one either which was part of the reason I bought it.

Good to know, it's hard to keep them straight.

20. Chopper88

Chopper88 Senior member

Thank you for the useful info!

Ok, nice to hear, I only know them from photos, but haven't held one yet. Your photo makes it look thinner than I've ever seen before, thats why I asked :)
    Have you worn it yet? I wonder how the layers of colours look when 'using' it.