• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Moving beyond white shirts and white linen pocket squares (we can come back at any time
smile.gif
)

I like the way this guy is adding a whole new color of green. Yet the polka dots tie in nicely by matching his shirt color for a coordinated look.

If you are new to pocket squares, consider small polka dots in white or light/medium blue so they will coordinate with your most common shirt colors in a subtle way.

61510Sunglasses_1725Web.jpg
really like this one

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pocketsquareguy revive this great topic :). More.

RicPac

Reaction score
What are some essential ps's to have? I currently have a white with purple trim and a yellow plaid. Gettibg a blue and pink paisley next

Dinosarti

Reaction score
^ Must have a white linen and something to pair with Navy for the essential blue blazer

Sam Hober

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

What are some essential ps's to have? I currently have a white with purple trim and a yellow plaid. Gettibg a blue and pink paisley next

RicPac,

A white linen or cotton pocket square is the only essential one.

Dinosarti

Reaction score
^ Thanks! It got a lot of comments. Every other gentlemen there was in black. For better or worse, I stood out. :embar:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

olegov

Reaction score
Pocket squares, eh, not always a big deal, especially if it they are white. What's the pt if you are going to go to make such conservative choice in colour? The only time I wear white pocket squares is if they are soaked in the tears of luscious blondes.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads