• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Pocket Square

theber

Reaction score
I am thinking of starting to wear a pcket square. I have, however, no idea how one is supposed to be worn. So my questions are

1) Is t matched to shirt, tie or suit
2) How is it supposed to be folded
3) Is it something I should be doing every day or on more formal occasions

I already wear a tie clip and whenever possible I try to get shirts with french cuffs

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Take a look through the "what are you wearing now" thread for many great examples.

Use the square to compliment or contrast the tie and or the suits colors. You'll also learn to play with complimentary or contrasting textures/materials and patterns.

Don't match exactly the tie.

The type of fold is to some degree determined by the type of material. As afr as every day or no, your choice and you'll figure out what you like as you develop your style.

Here's some help on the types of folds

http://www.mens-fashion-tips.com/fol...t-squares.html

Sartorially Striving

Reaction score
Take a look through the "what are you wearing now" thread for many great examples.

Use the square to compliment or contrast the tie and or the suits colors. You'll also learn to play with complimentary or contrasting textures/materials and patterns.

Don't match exactly the tie.

The type of fold is to some degree determined by the type of material. As afr as every day or no, your choice and you'll figure out what you like as you develop your style.

Here's some help on the types of folds

http://www.mens-fashion-tips.com/fol...t-squares.html
Note that the link here is dead and redirects to spam sites on my tablet.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Note that the link here is dead and redirects to spam sites on my tablet.

The thread that you have revived for some inexplicable reason is 8 years old so it is far from surprising that the URL is defunct.

Sartorially Striving

Reaction score
The thread that you have revived for some inexplicable reason is 8 years old so it is far from surprising that the URL is defunct.
Yep. I'm poking around on the pocket square-suit-tie issue and this jumped up. Figure if there's any malware behind that link I could save someone the click.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.