• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pocket square quality

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
To add David, the picture that appears on your tie boxes of the globe and such around it would make a great silk print as well.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quote:
To add David, the picture that appears on your tie boxes of the globe and such around it would make a great silk print as well.

RVR Neckwear make something similar. Tried to buy one, they didn't email me back :-(

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sam Hober:

My preference would be a wool/silk ... but the all silk with a madder finish would in no way break the deal for me. I'd defer to your thoughs as to size based on the ultimately determined silk weight. A solid border is appealing.

I am definitely interested. If you move this forward please let us know about patterns and colorways selected ... and deposits if you require.

Silk screened I'd purchase a greater number for wear. Woven I'd limit my purchase and perhaps frame.

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Sam Hober:
My preference would be a wool/silk ... but the all silk with a madder finish would in no way break the deal for me. I'd defer to your thoughs as to size based on the ultimately determined silk weight. A solid border is appealing.
I am definitely interested. If you move this forward please let us know about patterns and colorways selected ... and deposits if you require.
Silk screened I'd purchase a greater number for wear. Woven I'd limit my purchase and perhaps frame.

I think we were separated at birth.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sam Hober

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Sam Hober:

RSS,

Thank you for your thoughts.

Wool has a nice texture but it limits the quality of the print so I hesitate to do a complex print on wool or a mixture.

No deposits are requested.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
If you do the Unicorn Tapestry, I'll definitely get one. Do you think you might do the same print in a few different colorways?

Sam Hober

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

If you do the Unicorn Tapestry, I'll definitely get one. Do you think you might do the same print in a few different colorways?

Imatlas,

Yes, it would be a good idea to do a few different colorways.

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
For the PTO Gentlemen's Association, we managed to get prices down to about $45 per square, with shipping. Making them by hand in the US from top-of-the-line materials, there isn't really room for profit below that price point. I haven't seen Sam Hober's squares, but I do have one of their ties, and it's really excellent. I'm sure David's as careful with the squares as we are, though I imagine his labor cost's a little lower, being in a less-developed country.

The "hand-rolled" that you can get for $20 on discount is sort of a different breed than what David and I are offering. There's definitely a difference. Whether that's important to you is another matter, of course. David calling it "rustic" was being kind.

Sam Hober

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

For the PTO Gentlemen's Association, we managed to get prices down to about $45 per square, with shipping. Making them by hand in the US from top-of-the-line materials, there isn't really room for profit below that price point. I haven't seen Sam Hober's squares, but I do have one of their ties, and it's really excellent. I'm sure David's as careful with the squares as we are, though I imagine his labor cost's a little lower, being in a less-developed country.

Young American,

The "hand-rolled" that you can get for $20 on discount is sort of a different breed than what David and I are offering. There's definitely a difference. Whether that's important to you is another matter, of course. David calling it "rustic" was being kind.

Thank you for your kind words I have not seen your squares but I have seen your other creative efforts on the internet which are wonderful.

Our pocket squares are indeed different in terms of construction in that we take 2+ hours per pocket square and they are custom made one by one by experts.

Sadly we have between little to no cost savings from living in Thailand. All design, management, training and higher level skills are currently done by Americans. transportation costs and taxes are quite high also and so on...

SpooPoker,

I am still considering adding art prints to our pocket square range. I have another bigger project currently underway.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Wool has a nice texture but it limits the quality of the print so I hesitate to do a complex print on wool or a mixture.
As noted, SH, this would not be a deal breaker. I'm certainly interested in various colorways.

Is this project green lighted?
I too am wondering the same. For some reason the unicorn tapestry design is my favorite, perhaps because of the way it features some colors with only hints & glimmers of others. This is not so say other designs don't do this, but they seen not to do it as beautifully.

I just found one of the Drakes (gold with brown border) left over at Ben Silver. Its ordered.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

SpooPoker,
I am still considering adding art prints to our pocket square range. I have another bigger project currently underway.

Well, now you have to spill the beans.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think we were separated at birth.
Well, if brothers swap clothing as per sisters ... you know which trousers I want to borrow.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads