1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Pocket square in FT

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kitonbrioni, Sep 2, 2006.

1. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

"Carlo Brandelli, however, creative director of Savile Row tailors Kilgour, is not so sure. "Although a neatlittle square may have a sense of purity to it, the dress handkerchief is really a dandy thing: you have a pocket, so you feel you have to put something in it," he says. "It's just a little too flamboyant. And like a lot of men I don't really do flamboyant.""
    http://www.ft.com/cms/s/4b765244-399...0779e2340.html

2. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

What is that supposed to mean?

3. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

We already know your position on this, thanks.

4. summej2

summej2 Senior member

This is just not true. At, e.g., the airport, the demographic group I most see wearing a pocket square is married men over 60 traveling with their wives. Clearly they are not following a recent trend.

I suspect the reason pocket squares were not seen so much in the 90's was more related to the domination of Armaniesque minimalism rather than the perception of them being too feminine.

5. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

Kilgour seems to be divorcing itself from its past more than I had thought.

6. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

I suspect the reason pocket squares were not seen so much in the 90's was more related to the domination of Armaniesque minimalism rather than the perception of them being too feminine.

"Armaniesque minimalism": I love it!