• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pocket square designs, opinions welcome

piraca

Reaction score
Hi gents,
I seek your style conscious feedback on some of our pocket square designs.
We have just started a new small company offering hand painted designs using the age old art of Batik, a wax resist method of dying cloth. The designs we use are pretty far off the beaten track and we wanted to garner some opinions from individuals who actually use them.
So, here are a few examples. They encompass some of the themes we are trying to capture such as abstract art and expressions of the local culture.
Since we are still working on new designs we hope this will help direct them in the right direction.
Many thanks in advance for any feedback!

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
You should post a number in context (in pockets) to allow us to get a feel for what they can look like folded/stuffed. The images on your website gave some idea, but it was in a fold that really isn't used much.

Also, could you link that video on the dying methods?

piraca

Reaction score
Hi Claghorn,

thanks for the feedback. The ones on the site was to give some feeling of the design but you may be right that more variety of the product application would be good.
Here are the folded shots. I can also post the youtube link but it has company details. Let me know if that is OK.

thanks

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Should be ok. I mean, a member asked for it. And at this point it's clear that your purpose is to get feedback and not spam for publicity.

I will say that the festiveness of your squares don't match well with the very "business" suit (business because of the charcoal color and the pinstripes); something you might want to keep in mind the next time you photograph squares for your website. Something solid or in a summery texture would seem to be ideal for a number of squares (like a blue linen jacket)

Last edited:

piraca

Reaction score
Thanks, here is the link. It shows the Batik Tulis method for making Batik. This translates as writing/drawing Batik. It involves drawing wax onto the cloth with a Canting which inhibits the later steps of dying from permeating into the fabric thus creating the unique style. This technique goes back over a millennium and is generally attributed to Indonesia who then exported the fabrics in the following centuries using sea trade routes in South East Asia.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads