• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pocket fades on denim

kookydooky

Reaction score
is there a way of minimizing it besides not putting anything in your pocket because I still need to keep things in my pocket such as my cell and wallet. also which pockets would you reccommend putting stuff in because I have a feeling that front pocket fades would look terrible

Im trying to find a thin 2 fold wallet that is more a card holder than a real wallet (sort of like those things old grandpas use to keep their bus timetable and tickets in lol) so I can keep a few cards in it as well as fold in a few notes.

I have an old phone too so it is not as thin as modern day ones but Im too poor to invest in anything new for it to be worthwhile

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
only carry things you absolutely need

put your stuff in a manbag also, I started doing it and I'll never go back to pockets.

kookydooky

Reaction score
Im just nervous that something important will fall out of my manbag (such as wallet/keys/cell) or I will forget my manbag somewhere in general lol

Chinook

Reaction score
If I were you I would embrace the rear pocket fades. On the left is the silhoutte of a Nokia 6275i and on the right is the mark of a wallet.
img1478eg4.jpg
yes, i realize I managed to get some melted chocolate on my pants today and wow.. the camera really sucks at picking up contrast. btw, those are APC NS at 5 months, one wash after 3. Also. I always carry stuff with me in my socks.. But that might just be personal preference.

kookydooky

Reaction score
Yeah back pocket fades dont look too bad, Im more worried about having a a white block on the front of my pants.

How often did you wear your jeans I got my first pair 2 weeks ago and have only worn it once?

Chinook

Reaction score
I have basically worn those badboys everyday since I bought them. Took a week break while camping.. Thats about it.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an old Nautica trifold I got as a Christmas present way back when. I found it recently, and noticed it had a removable cardholder. Been using that as my "wallet" ever since. You could probably find a similar trifold for cheap anywhere.

Also, those "magic wallets" sold by J.Crew and the like are decent.

whatuknowaboutthat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kookydooky
Yeah back pocket fades dont look too bad, Im more worried about having a a white block on the front of my pants.

How often did you wear your jeans I got my first pair 2 weeks ago and have only worn it once?

im with you on this. my slim jims are starting to fade where the end of the pocket bags in the front are. Its kinda annoying and im thinking of cutting out the pocket bags as I dont even put anything in the front anyway. Next to cell phone fades and underwear fades, the pocket bag fade is starting to become real annoying

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^That's normal. They're jeans.. just embrace it. Just like the selvedge line fades down the outseam like "train tracks."

whatuknowaboutthat

Reaction score
its normal but its annoying. and its def not like 'train tracks'. no one really wants to embrace pocket bag fades while train tracking is on the same level as leg twists.

izlat

Reaction score
this avatar is distracting... i don't want to look at it but it kind of grabs the attention

btt: yes, I also hate front fades other than creases, and not too big on back pocket fades either - be they wallet, tobacco, phone, pocket knife - whatever. I could live w/ back pocket fades but (currently) prefer not to have them

Underwear fades - don't think I've ever seen this but sounds bad, even worse than panty lines (which I hate)

whatuknowaboutthat

Reaction score
Daily1462.jpg
its ugly and its not something i'd want to "embrace". to each his own though and heres the underwear fade. Looks even worse.
IMG_3873.jpg
IMG_3876.jpg

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
seems more like a pocketbag fade than an underwear fade

ispace

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chinook
Also. I always carry stuff with me in my socks.. But that might just be personal preference.
Yes that seems to be a rarity among grown men. What kind of stuff can you fit in your socks?

B.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads