Pocket Designs and Identifying Marks

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Sator Sartoris, May 29, 2006.

1. Sator Sartoris

Sator Sartoris Well-Known Member

What do people think about large conspicuous pocket designs? Does anyone have a site that shows the designs for a bunch of different brands so I can get familiar with them?

2. weirdnjfan1

weirdnjfan1 Senior member

Before the crash, there was a link that someone posted that featured the back pockets of jeans. But due to the crash, we lost it. Maybe someone will be able to dig it up or something.

3. tweedlesinpink

tweedlesinpink Senior member

I'm a fan of minimal pocket designs myself.

Should we just post pictures of pockets here anyway? or does this link still exist?

4. Sator Sartoris

Sator Sartoris Well-Known Member

If someone could find that post that would be great. Otherwise, post away.

5. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

6. denimdestroyedmylife

7. denimdestroyedmylife

8. tweedlesinpink

9. kronik

kronik Senior member

10. tweedlesinpink

11. tangerine

tangerine Senior member

This may be the missing link, so to speak...

^^^ nice photos, peeps!

12. tweedlesinpink

NM is very clever giving that shop by pockets option! now if only they stocked japanese levi's repros... [​IMG] And tangerine just made me realise that those pockets i saw on the street yesterday were denimbirds after all...the girl passed me by on the street and i kind of stared at her butt after her trying to remember WHERE i'd seen those pockets before.

13. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

...the girl passed me by on the street and i kind of stared at her butt after her trying to remember WHERE i'd seen those pockets before.

Yeah, right [​IMG]

Oh, is it just the lighting, or do you have black 5EPs? And I love the back stitching on those puppies... Very clever...

I have to say that my favorite jeans companies right now (I'm not a big fan of repros, though I see their appeal) are 5EP, Nudie, and Rag & Bone. 5EP construction is great, but the real draw is the incredible, multihued color of their raw and resin wash denim. Nudie I like for their cuts and the intense, true blue color of the Dry Selvedge denim after it has been washed. Rag & Bone just makes great jeans that can be worn by 16 year olds and 60 year olds alike. That can't be said of many non-repro jeans.

14. jean_connoisseur23

jean_connoisseur23 Senior member

i think backpocket designs is a cool way of the designer or company of putting their insignia on their jeans...simple backpocket designs from levi's or wrangler make them popular over the years while true religion,evisu,nudie,red mokey and bape makes outrageous backpocket designs to highlight the pockets and it makes the jeans more of a fashion statement

15. tweedlesinpink

Oh, is it just the lighting, or do you have black 5EPs? And I love the back stitching on those puppies... Very clever... I have to say that my favorite jeans companies right now (I'm not a big fan of repros, though I see their appeal) are 5EP, Nudie, and Rag & Bone. 5EP construction is great, but the real draw is the incredible, multihued color of their raw and resin wash denim. Nudie I like for their cuts and the intense, true blue color of the Dry Selvedge denim after it has been washed. Rag & Bone just makes great jeans that can be worn by 16 year olds and 60 year olds alike. That can't be said of many non-repro jeans.
    Not mine unfortunately, they belong to a (far wealthier UGH) friend who sent me some pictures. They will be mine, however, after i stab him violently to death. Personally i'm not so keen on exact repros myself either. Stuff like SC, SD and Samurai (hey, alliteration) looks cool but over here i'll just get mistaken for someone who buys cheap thai levi's copies. And i'd rather have quieter jeans like the 811, New Standard, or R&B if i'm going to pay good money for my denim. That, or head all the way the other way, for the Nudie wave design which does scream I'M DIFFERENT in a crowd full of Levi's, Guess and other assorted mainstream brands. Ditto the Imperial twigs.