1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Plonge Leather?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by deaddog, Dec 6, 2009.

1. deaddog

deaddog Senior member

I was looking at a leather jacket that made from something called "Plonge" leather? Anybody know what "plonge" means and what it adds (or subtracts) to a leather jacket?
    thanks

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

If im not mistaken, it means soft calfskin leather.

3. I. Gentantithesis

I. Gentantithesis Senior member

ethernet thingy whatzit, Colney Hatch Spa
    It's plumped calf or lamb. There's a froggy thingy levitated over the 'e', plonnzhey or plonnzh. How? I think Hermie's injects Botox.

4. Understatement

Understatement Well-Known Member

who has detailed knowledge on this?
    All I can find in the internet that plonge leather indicates, that its exklusive lamb. Can Plonge leather also be calfskin or only lamb?

5. Northampton Novice

Northampton Novice Senior member

Plonge leather is a fully aniline drum dyed lambskin. Only blemish free skins are dyed in this way & the result is an incredibly soft handle leather with rich colours.

In terms of a leather jacket, expect it to be very supple with a lustrous sheen. The leather is prone to marking more easily than say a regular calfskin jacket, but this often adds to it's patina.

Hope that answers it.

6. Understatement

Understatement Well-Known Member

Ok thank you, so a plonge leather jacket is definitely not calfskin but lambskin? Sorry for asking again, but I wanted to buy a leather jacket and in the shop on the tag of the jacket it was clearly wirtten "Calfskin leather Jacket" and in the online shop in the description of the exact same jacket its written "Plongeleather Jacket"?

7. Northampton Novice

Northampton Novice Senior member

Genuine Plonge leather is inherently lamb skin.

If you like the jacket, I suggest you buy it.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012