• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Plokhov (Cloak) for Uniqlo

Reaction score
I noticed that the Plokhov/Uniqlo collaboration is already out in Japan, but does anyone know when US stores are getting the collection?

And more importantly, are there any NY SFites willing to pick up a few things for those of us not lucky enough to have a Uniqlo nearby?

chocodove

Reaction score
Should have been in the NY store yesterday, Jersey stores aren't carrying it at all. Word around the boards is that the stuff really isn't too great, but I haven't seen any of it.

I'm in NY, but it would be real tough for me to get down there this week. Sorry dude.

falsestart

Reaction score
it's in the nyc store, downtown................near the front entrance. Blazer, vests, some shirts and pants.......... It looked good but did not work for me...........

jacksonr

Reaction score
the polos and button-down shirts look nice on the web site

Reaction score
I think the polos and the shorts are especially nice:
u44171.jpg
u53105.jpg
Anyone willing to do a pick-up?

bigwhale

Reaction score
That polo looks REALLY nice. Anyone here from NYC willing to do a pickup? I'll pay a lil extra for the service.
smile.gif

I'm sure there are others out there that are interested in some of these pieces. Maybe we can get a big order together to save on the trips.

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought the polo when it was first released but later returned it. The style is good but the fabric quality is crap. Not worth $29 in my book

sushijerk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All the stuff runs from $30-$40 dollar range. No more expensive than Uniqlo's regular line. The bad part is that it is mostly pretty disappointing up close.

The buttons for the polo go all the way down your chest as opposed to stopping at the lower neck like most other polos. The placement is just awkward when worn.

I'm 5'8" and the size 30 shorts go well below my knee. They're relatively slim but the length is a problem unless you're over 6 feet. Not to mention they're made of a very synthetic feeling material that does not breathe. Why would I want to wear hot, long, black shorts in the summer? Plus they're very noticeably pleated.

I was most hyped about the vest, but those were nowhere to be seen when I went.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
personally I like slim polos with buttons that go down further than normal (like chest/upper abdomen length) looks less preppy and give a different feel to the shirt completely. Does anyone know of the other designers that are coming up? say July/August? Ill be able to pick up/ship stuff in Tokyo at that time.

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
here is the official uniqlo "designers invitation project" site where they showcase and announce upcoming designers

nothing new has been posted since the GVGV and plokhov debuts on 18 May 2007 but check it periodically for new announcements

http://www.uniqlo.jp/promotion/designers/20061020/

hollaforadolla

Reaction score
can anyone comment on the fit of a size small for the button ups? or size small in general for this collection. im 5'7" and fear that my goodies arriving in the mail will be too big for me.. i wish i had known about the extra small items.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads