• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Plimsolls!

potato_cannon

Reaction score
Plimsols! The fashion at the moment in the youth market of england. Any oppinions on plimsols? personally i think they are great. They look alright with most fashions and more importantly offer a trendy fashion for a very reasonable price. Anyone agree?

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Don't most people own nice umbrellas in England, due to the high levels of rain? I can't imagine wearing a canvas shoe in the rain. I've endured soggy feet for cool points in high school, but...

robbie

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slip-on plimsols are all the rage here. The brand is Raben. I stopped wearing mine because every "trendy" teen wears them till they get dirty, even in winter. God I hate teens.
redface.gif

Brigden

Reaction score
As boy, at school in England, we were made to wear plimsols for gym class. One black and one white pair, to coordinate our outfits. I hated the bloody things: flimsy and offered no support. Not exactly the best footwear for football... er, soccer.

everybodynobody

Reaction score
Plimsoles remind me of shoes that middle aged women buy at Hobby Lobby and hot glue fake jewels and tacky stuff on.

leeson43

Reaction score
very popular at the minute and have been for about 18months.....perfect for any casual outfit and they only cost 5pounds a pair so once they get dirty just bin them and get a new pair

Seanallen

Reaction score
Those remind me of those shoes old ladies and young girls wear, Keds.
27372116_b1.jpg

Vans makes something similar I guess.
vans-authentic-espresso-1.jpg

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by leeson43
very popular at the minute and have been for about 18months.....perfect for any casual outfit and they only cost 5pounds a pair so once they get dirty just bin them and get a new pair

or wash them, so the factory workers who made them can take 5 minutes to eat lunch.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
They might cost more than the cheap chinatown plimsols, but I got a pair of Fred Perrys that I wore in and out over the summer, totally trashing them, and they're still beating. They were I think $50, really, really comfortable, amazing slim profile, no visbile branding (no contrast FP symbol).

Willsw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They remind you fellas of those shoes because they are those shoes. Though I've been thinking about picking up some Sperry versions, the wafer-thin soled ones are a bit too feminine for me. And, most of the outfits I see resting their weight upon the flimsy plimsol are as terrible as Chrono's recent "outfits". Except with tighter jeans. And a smirk. And a lot of dirt. Dirty ******* kids.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
keds are relatively classic, as is dirt.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
When it's hot as **** out, I don't want to be wearing some clunky soled, thick sneaker that hits me high on the ankle. Plimsols are perfect because they're so light weight and minimal - they're enclosed flip flops with more ankle support. I prefer them to boat shoes simply because they're much more comfortable for walking long distances, although I have to bust out the boat shoes at night.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads