• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pleased to meet all of you!

doc_muller

Reaction score
Greetings all,

I am Doctor Muller and I reside in Germany. I like to travel throughout the world to search for the perfect tailor experience and so far have been happy with some small experiences which have been unhappy for me. But you can read about that in the 'Douchingbag' post.

Here I am in Italy!

italy1if2.png

I look forward to seeing more and sharing from this wonderful place. But unfortunately I can not take all these wonderful pictures I see of shoes here for my own things because the only time I have a digital camera is when my son visits. I am German so I use a Leica
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Herr Muller, do you ever run into this guy while in Italy ? He likes to visit that country as well

doc_muller

Reaction score
I do not recognize this man but I will say that he is very stylish and looks very happy being so!

But when I went to Japan 5 year ago, I visited my friend, who is Egypatian but lives in Japan,, and he took me to lots of beautiful style stores and some weird ones too! The weird ones sold old American clothing like sweaters I used to see University Students wear. It was all very expensive too! But I also saw beautiful shoes like ones by Corthay and also antique watch stores and Leica stores.

But one of my favourite stores in the world is this one:

jsmithpo8.png

I know one Japanese gentleman who collects old English umbrellas.

The Happy Stroller

Reaction score
A warm welcome to you, Dr. Muller.
cheers.gif

Care to tell us more about some of your unhappy experiences?
bigstar[1].gif

doc_muller

Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Happy Stroller
A warm welcome to you, Dr. Muller.
cheers.gif

Care to tell us more about some of your unhappy experiences?
bigstar[1].gif

Hello Happy Stroller,

I disussed some of my unhappy experienes on another post but I cannot find it. But I do not want to clog up the forums with my complaints and I know some people will find my comments offensive for some reasons.

So I will refrain from commenting any details but I will say that some of the makers I had problems were mostly from America and England.

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your bad American experiences and hope you will give some of our finer artisans a second look.

Welcome to the forum; we look forward to reading more about your interesting experiences.

doc_muller

Reaction score
I am looking forward to ordering some more clothes; I am looking into The London's Lounge since I see they have some tailors which they will suggest.

When I was browsing through the forums, I saw IamMatt who ordered jackets from Rubinacci who I have also ordered from in the past, unlined, with Sig Panico. Interestingly, Sig Panico mentioned he had a large Asian client base.

When I had my shirts done up by Anna Matuozzo, she told me how her and Sig Panico used to work together at the London house.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Really, feel free to share your negative experiences with vendors/tailors of any nationality. Exchange of information is good and leads to interesting and valuable discussion.

The Happy Stroller

Reaction score
IMHO, I don't think you will be clogging up this forum if you post under this thread since it already exists.

What about telling us about your most costly unhappy experience?
lurker[1].gif

Originally Posted by doc_muller
Hello Happy Stroller,

I disussed some of my unhappy experienes on another post but I cannot find it. But I do not want to clog up the forums with my complaints and I know some people will find my comments offensive for some reasons.

So I will refrain from commenting any details but I will say that some of the makers I had problems were mostly from America and England.

SantaCruzGuy

Reaction score
Hi Dr. Muller,
I'm new here as well, & hello to everyone else!
Do you use Pelikan fountain pens? I'm out here in California & currently use three of them & enjoy them a great deal.
If you use them which ones do you have & use?
Cheers!
teacha.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads