• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please talk me out of spending $800 on Canali shoes

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fidel, I drool every time I see Canali Double Monks, but have managed (so far) to get out of the store (Harry Rosen) alive without buying them. Not an easy task. I applaud your discipline thus far.

Osprey Guy

Reaction score
I scored a pair of Canali loafers last month. Done in a very dark blue, antique finish. I usually have a difficult time getting loafers to fit me well...But these have turned out to be one of the most comfortable pair of shoes I've owned... And I get a ton of compliments ever time I wear them! I definitely give 'em my approval!
2thumbs.gif
Dennis FYI: The photo doesn't begin to do them justice (really tough color to photograph...especially with my limited skills)
Canalishoes-sidebyside.jpg

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint
Fidel, I drool every time I see Canali Double Monks, but have managed (so far) to get out of the store (Harry Rosen) alive without buying them. Not an easy task. I applaud your discipline thus far.

Those Canali double monks are really nice. How much are they for in the US ?

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ramuman
It's a fools errand to wait for something like these on eBay or B&S. B&S is for opportunistic buys.

That's something to keep in mind. I keep trolling ebay and B&S waiting for something to pop up. IS B&S more suited for unusual one-off items, or for finding staple items? Or is it like a total lotto system where it's a waste of time "waiting" for any one item in your size?

Originally Posted by Man Of Lint

It's not easy, but I'm still in one piece.
laugh.gif

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what are you going to spend the $800 on instead
devil.gif

wetnose

Reaction score
$800 can buy you lots of awesome stuff from ebay and b/s.

You could score:

1) tuxedo: approx $400 - a lot of your buddies will likely be getting married over the next few years so this is a useful item to have.
2) C/J double monks for about C$400+
3) Borrelli ties for approx $60-80 ea
4) Incotex for approx $100 ea
5) King size latex pillow - ultimate in sleeping comfort
6) Philips sonicare - the ultimate toothbrush
7) Sferra bedsheets

etc etc

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Might as well spend $90 on loafers. Even the most expensive loafers still look like, well, loafers. They all pretty much scream the same thing from my perspective. Like somebody said, I wouldn't spend $800 on any loafers, I don't care if Prince Charles wiped his ass on the welt.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
So what are you going to spend the $800 on instead
devil.gif

lol, that's the million dollar question.
laugh.gif

I'm already fiending for some MyTailor Shirts, Howard Yount pants and Martegani shoes.

Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
I wouldn't spend $800 on any loafers, I don't care if Prince Charles wiped his ass on the welt.

I'm not sure I'd pay $800 for that either
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads