please suggest a (men's) wallet for me ...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by senocs, Jan 31, 2010.

1. senocs

senocs Active Member

please suggest a (men's) wallet for me ...

i am currently using the (lv) florin in monogram, and alas as much as vuitton claims how durable their goods are, after about 6 months of usage the 'varnishing' on the edges of the wallet had started to separate ...

I asked the good people at the lv store and was told that the in order to fix the problem "re-varnishing and then re-stitching" was required to be done and which would cost in excess of $80 ...

and they said in order to avoid this problem I shouldn't have bought the florin in monogram which is quite well-known for this problem nor should I buy the florin in damier ebene/graphite - the only way would be to buy the florin in taiga which does not a textile layer which would require 'varnishing' to attach to the inside leather layer ...

and so, frustrated as I am, I'm thinking of getting a new wallet. I really like lv, but I don't fancy the taiga florin (not really liking any of the 3 colors) and neither the utah compact wallet (a little schoolboyish to me).

any suggestions everyone ?

I'm looking for a men's wallet preferably meeting the following criteria :

* of a good brand, preferably with a classic design that is easily recognized
    * must have coin pouch built-in (as the florin has)
    * at least 8 card slots

thanks!!!!!

2. CashmereLover

CashmereLover Senior member

Don't know if this is for you, but the next time I'll buy a wallet, I'll probably do it from Sage & Brown: http://www.sagebrown.co.uk/

3. The Contrarian

The Contrarian Well-Known Member

and they said in order to avoid this problem I shouldn't have bought the florin in monogram which is quite well-known for this problem nor should I buy the florin in damier ebene/graphite

Gotta love the staff telling you about the well known problem after it was paid for and the problem now presents itself.