Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Please recommend a "hip" non traditional black or brown dress shoe for under $800

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by quaker13, Sep 13, 2012.

1. quaker13

quaker13 Senior member

So far I have only come across these 2. I prefer the 2nd. Any and all suggestions are appreciated

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. quaker13

quaker13 Senior member

3. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

Those both look almost like relatively traditional styles except with kinda cheap looking antiquing and with a horribly tacky logo stamped into them. If you want something with a modern shape but that also looks expensive and high quality, why not try some from a real shoe maker like, for example, Gaziano & Girling:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012

4. quaker13

quaker13 Senior member

Wow the level of scrutiny you exhibited is a clear indicator that you know exactly what the hell you are talking about, however, the shoes recommended still seem a bit traditional. For example, these aren't the type of shoes i would wear to a nightclub. The guccis are

5. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

Although the G&G will run upwards of $1100 including trees. None the less there is no secret that I like them lots. You might like the 'uppingham' model. Available from Bespoke England.

Or for around $600 a Drummond from Crockett and Jones. Higher construction quality than the Guccis.

For only a smidge more Alfred Sargent makes a 3 eyelet derby called the Pimlico - the Exclusive grade is a step up from Crockett and Jones.

And then there are the Vass Austerity Brogues on the U Last - classic, stylish and the best possible construction all for around $700.

And since you just mentioned nightclubs - I'd go as cheap as Septieme Largeur - around $400 with patinas. Clubbing is very hard on shoes - I'd go cheap and disposable.

Whatever you do - don't buy the Gucci - they simply are not well made for the price.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012

6. chogall

chogall Senior member

7. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Senior member

I've been looking for some brown shoes myself. I am mainly looking for brown wingtips....If you looking for Gucci shoes I personally have a pair of these [​IMG]

[​IMG]

They go for about $600.If you want to go even cheaper shoes go with some Allen Edmonds.They are US made shoes but are still nice(I am even debating on getting a pair myself,would rather wait for them to be on sale tho)They go for $335 retail
    [​IMG]

8. Xenon

Xenon Senior member

These 2 exemplify the universal unfailing secret ingredient to cheap looking shoes: huge toe spring that is higher even than the heel:spew:

9. quaker13

quaker13 Senior member

I live in Washington DC that would be quite a task

10. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

11. NoCleverName

NoCleverName Senior member

12. quaker13

quaker13 Senior member

I would wear those. Cole Haan??

13. NoCleverName

NoCleverName Senior member

Prada Levitate and I was half joking, although if you're looking for a club shoe to attract attention they might be your ticket.

14. Hayward

Hayward Senior member