• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please read: Petition to Allen-Edmonds

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm going to petition Allen Edmonds to name one of their next shoe models the "Libourel". Who's with me?

Jan, what should it look like? What is still missing from their catalogue that you'd like your eponymous shoe to have? And what last should it be on? (Not the #2.)

--

Edit: here's the petition. Go sign it!

To: The Allen-Edmonds Shoe Corporation
We, the undersigned, hereby petition Allen-Edmonds Shoe Corporation to recognize and honor one of its most faithful customers with a special edition shoe named the "Libourel".

Over the course of the past two-and-a-half years, Jan Libourel has contributed many hours and well-written words to the cause of Allen-Edmonds shoes on the world of the Internet clothing forums. By his sheer enthusiasm and breadth of knowledge about the company's offerings, Mr. Libourel has encouraged countless sales of A-E shoes among members and casual readers alike. Mr. Libourel has continually returned to purchase more and more of Allen-Edmonds' shoes, owning several models in multiple colors. Mr. Libourel's amicable and supportive postings and notorious buying habits have added invaluable brand recognition, search engine hits, and general good publicity for the A-E company.

In consideration of the above facts, we humbly ask Allen-Edmonds to consider our request for a special shoe named for Mr. Libourel. His tentative request would be for a shoe heretofore lacking in the vast A-E catalog - a wingtip spectator balmoral in Antibes Chestnut with white suede, on the #4 last.

Thank you.

Sincerely yours,

J--------, administrator, Styleforum.net, and,

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

http://www.petitiononline.com/aejlhsp/petition.html

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For whatever it is worth, I would like to throw my support to this worthy endeavor. I can think of no better honour.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great idea! Perhaps a chili colored split-toe with a gun logo stamped on the quarters.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It even sounds like an AE model name anyway, they should definitely do it. I'll put together a letter and maybe VMan can hand deliver it for us.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why, what an honor! Doubt if they would. Except for the Italian shoes, all their shoes tend to have very Anglo-Saxon names, which mine ain't! As for what style I would wish to be named after me--possibly a wingtip spectator bal in Antibes Chestnut with white suede. It would have to be on the #4 last.

johnnyblazini

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
Except for the Italian shoes, all their shoes tend to have very Anglo-Saxon names, which mine ain't!

Forrest Gump may work..?

chas

Reaction score
Since you are accepting ideas - I would love to see an AE with a 3/4-welt.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They can put it on the 4 last (which both Jan and I love); then, Jan can pick up a pair at the outlet store.

designprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
Why, what an honor! Doubt if they would. Except for the Italian shoes, all their shoes tend to have very Anglo-Saxon names, which mine ain't! As for what style I would wish to be named after me--possibly a wingtip spectator bal in Antibes Chestnut with white suede. It would have to be on the #4 last.

I'd buy one!

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where can I sign the petition? Jan, how about you request a chukka or chelsea boot instead (plus/minus medallion)? It would fit better with your professional persona....

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does AE still do special orders? Perhaps we could get a custom version if we all did a group buy.
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads