• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please help us raise $2K in the first week of this (late starting) Styleforum charity drive for the

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please help, We've dedicated 50% of our most valuable advertising inventory, during the holiday season, to raising money to make things a little easier for the families of sick children who need to travel for their child's medical treatment.

A private member, who wishes to remain anonymous, has pledged to match the first $1K, if we reach $1K by a week from today. Styleforum will match this contribution for the second $1K.

So, let's make a real push - and raise $4K total in just 7 days. We have until EBD, Friday, December 16.

If you don't see the banner, you can go to our landing page directly:
https://donate.rmhc.org/Styleforum

Happy Holidays, all.

Cheers,

Fok.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

charity is for those who either unlawfully do not pay their due taxes  or live in societies (like the US) where wealthy people legally do not have to pay taxes

If there is any justice in this and the next world, donating an insignificant amount of your undeclared revenue, or even a significant part of your revenue that was accrued  from unfair advantages you enjoy - can only count against you cometh judgment day

People in need should not have to depend on the voluble 'charity' of others. You are not giving them anything. You owe much more

Giving monetary donations have some issues, none of which you listed here. However, giving material donations such as medicine, food, disaster supplies etc are pretty good all around.

And everybody pays taxes in the US, when you donate, you only get to take a 30% cut on what you donate. So you'd have to donate 3x your income to not pay tax. "Accrued from unfair advantages" - are you actually serious?

Edit: And you talk about considering purple label suits. If you are buying RLPL, you owe much more to me in addition to all the people that receive charity, since neither these people nor I can afford to buy purple label suits.

Last edited:

HarleyBob

Reaction score

charity is for those who either unlawfully do not pay their due taxes  or live in societies (like the US) where wealthy people legally do not have to pay taxes

If there is any justice in this and the next world, donating an insignificant amount of your undeclared revenue, or even a significant part of your revenue that was accrued  from unfair advantages you enjoy - can only count against you cometh judgment day

People in need should not have to depend on the voluble 'charity' of others. You are not giving them anything. You owe much more

What the hell are you doing on this forum? Shouldn't you be sleeping out in a public park somewhere in your tent with the OWS group? Get real!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We are sacrificing revenue (by donating prime advertising space) and contributing directly. What are you doing?

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

We are sacrificing revenue (by donating prime advertising space) and contributing directly. What are you doing?

Well, empty helped bump the thread, giving it HOF status that seems difficult to do in the current forum format.

Transmod has a structural HOF position that would make sense for this in all the subforums given that regulars ignore banner ads, by and large.

What do you think?

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If there is any justice in this and the next world, donating an insignificant amount of your undeclared revenue, or even a significant part of your revenue that was accrued  from unfair advantages you enjoy - can only count against you cometh judgment day.

Wasn't Judgment Day 10/21/11? :marchal:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well, empty helped bump the thread, giving it HOF status that seems difficult to do in the current forum format.
Transmod has a structural HOF position that would make sense for this in all the subforums given that regulars ignore banner ads, by and large.
What do you think?

I think that I'll probably self-spam all the important threads in all the subforums with this public service announcement. Thanks for thinking of transmod. I'll do that now.

The banners also run for logged out visitors. I'm interested in seeing the conversion rate of logged in vs. logged out for this charity.

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
empty:
you are a moron...

let's bump this thread...

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am paying 40% income tax on most of my revenue.

What are YOU doing?

How much tax do YOU pay?

Let me know and then you have the right to come and ask for donations. Charity is a cop out. In a society that works properly there is no need for it.

I wish I could decide when/whether I could charitably pay my taxes but I can't.

s....t.....f....u.....

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Empty,

The true spirit of charity has nothing to do with giving your minimal fair share. Or with how much you pay in taxes so that the government can somewhat equalize the wealth of the nation.

Charity has to do with giving from your heart; whether that be your time and energy, funds or goods, in recognition of the fact that you have been incredibly fortunate to live in a better situation that the vast majority of human beings on this planet will ever be able to even comprehend.

I hope you will reconsider your self centered view of the world at some point, as you will find that doing so will make you a far more worthwhile person than you are today.

:nodding:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ thats was beautifully put G, well done.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can get pretty wordy when I'm pissed off.

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just ban that scum, he isn't wanted round' here...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads