• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please help me with group shirt recommendations

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am looking for some recommendations related to group shirts to wear in the office environment. I work in a multinational company so things seem a little bit easygoing for working dress code here, but people usually stick to smart casual styles just in case we need to do business things.

Next month, we will have a party and every project team is allowed to wear their own choice of group clothes. At the end of the event, the winning team whose costumes are the most amazing (votes counted) will have the privilege to wear anything they want for 1 week in our workplace. Not too explicit but even shorts and flip-flops are acceptable.

Back to the main party, this is not Halloween so we are not permitted to wear unorthodox things. After discussing for a while, we decided not to stick to stock-image shirts because that would be boring for sure. Instead, custom shirts (those that allow you to send a picture during the purchasing process so they can use it to print on the shirt) may be worth considering for our group uniform.

We don't want to waste money on low-quality shirts, but also expect to avoid top-notch brands so we won't have to spend too much on just one arbitrary occasion.

One colleague suggests that I check out Colorgate and Hyperfavor. Has anyone bought custom products from them and can you provide me with some feedback?

Thanks in advance.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
How about Two Palms? They make authentic Hawaiian shirts and sell them for about $50. The styles are a bit loose by intention, which will hopefully accommodate different body types. They are reasonably well made by basic standards. And they have the spirit of Aloha shirts without spilling over into Tommy Bahama styles.

They might also communicate a kind of team spirit. That said, I realize that some may also view Aloha shirts at a company somewhat unfavorably. Sorta like a bad episode of The Office.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They might also communicate a kind of team spirit. That said, I realize that some may also view Aloha shirts at a company somewhat unfavorably. Sorta like a bad episode of The Office.

aa0fb80c23d11c471c9c51d23da67b5d.jpg

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And they have the spirit of Aloha shirts without spilling over into Tommy Bahama styles.

Because nothing says “I’m middle aged and have cashed it in” quite like Tommy Bahama sportswear.

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I fully understand the question to be honest!!!!

but I'll give it a shot

Local football/sports team shirts from your community

Identical polo shirts in your company colours (like Fred Perry) avoid black/yellow versions

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Because nothing says “I’m middle aged and have cashed it in” quite like Tommy Bahama sportswear.

I realize it's not the best solution, but do you have a better one? Your comments so far are unhelpful.

Most people don't want to spend more than $50 on a group project. If you get something super boring, it will not win the contest. And if you get something too weird, it will not fit a broad section of identities. People have different body types, personalities, wardrobes, etc. A very boring CM-type person can still wear a Hawaiian shirt with chinos. Someone who's a more skilled dresser can also wear it with things such as double riders, casual suits, etc.

Last edited:

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I realize it's not the best solution, but do you have a better one? Your comments so far are unhelpful.

my comments are rarely helpful. Except, perhaps, helpful in getting a guaranteed over the top reaction from you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads