1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Please help me to authenticate this Brioni Suit. Pics enclosed.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by bond0007, Sep 14, 2012.

1. bond0007

bond0007 Member

Picked this up on the bay. The color is dark navy blue but my photos dont show it. I compared it to some known authentics and known fakes and this looks to be ok in my opinion. The buttons look hand stitched, the collar looks well made, the fabric is Not fused, the quality is slightly better than my Canali exclusive collection jacket. The only thing throwing me off is the pants. They do not have any mention of Brioni, and have no tags other than a small size tag.

Secondly, these pants are too small for me, I need to expand them, how can I tell if it would be possible? (I will bring them to the tailor next week when I have time.)

Thank you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. thriftydood

thriftydood Senior member

Disclaimer--I am not an expert, but there are no obvious red flags to the suit, and the pants look to be of high quality from what I can tell from the pictures. If they are suit pants, you shouldn't expect to find a Brioni tag in them. If the pants fabric matches that of the suit, that should tell you that they go with the suit.

The pants can definitely be adjusted, but it does not look like there is a lot of extra fabric in the back based on the last picture posted, so I don't think they can be expanded very much.

3. aph999

aph999 Senior member

The fabric tag, label, and pant waist band look authentic.

4. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  5. jeff13007

jeff13007 Senior member

+1 usually on the suit pants the tag saying the pant model it part of the tag you remove before wearing the pants, the matching one on the pants that you find on the end of the jacket sleeve that says the models of the respective jacket/pants. As shown in the picture below
    [​IMG]

P.S in regards to the odd trousers, I'm pretty sure i have a pair of Khakis that has a non removable tag (same type that you find on the insides of Brioni jackets) on it but i can't be sure cuz they are in New York while I'm in singapore. But I'm sure it was like the pants below
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  6. dfoverdx

dfoverdx Senior member

i am 200% sure it's a real brioni.. excellent details on the jacket.