• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please help me lose 20 lbs

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I've hit 170. I want to cry! I'm eating better now, but it's just so hard to resist that cheeseburger or that double chocolate muffin.
frown.gif

i understand you. i need to hug you.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Sho, my big priority on big-eating days is to run some mileage before the day's festivities. That way I more or less get a running start with a calorie deficit, and it keeps me from getting too hungry throughout the day.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
i understand you. i need to hug you.
When I'm having a long day (which is every day) a big brownie or a nice chocolate donut gives me a few minutes of bliss. That makes it really hard to stop.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Sho, my big priority on big-eating days is to run some mileage before the day's festivities. That way I more or less get a running start with a calorie deficit, and it keeps me from getting too hungry throughout the day.

yes. that is my point earlier with the holidays coming i want to get a jump head start and try to work out as much as i can before the big eating festivities. dam it

When I'm having a long day (which is every day) a big brownie or a nice chocolate donut gives me a few minutes of bliss. That makes it really hard to stop.

i know it is hard to stop. those minutes of bliss, no matter what people say, are really important to you. dont deny that

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's what I'm talking about. Before most people are out of bed on Thanksgiving morning, I'll be running in a 10K Turkey Trot
fing02[1].gif

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score

You go to a couple classes every day, spend time working in an office where you admittedly only work maybe 20% of the time, and the rest of your day is spent ******* around online and drinking.

Forgive me for asking, but why are your days so long?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
yes. that is my point earlier with the holidays coming i want to get a jump head start and try to work out as much as i can before the big eating festivities. dam it

i know it is hard to stop. those minutes of bliss, no matter what people say, are really important to you. dont deny that

Guys! Moments of bliss are found everywhere, if you just look around. It doesn't have to be chocolate and flour and lard! Try music, or books, take up a hobby or learn a new skill. Read P.G. Wodehouse while sipping a good bourbon. Play with your pets, if you have them. That kind of thing.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by quevola
That's what I'm talking about. Before most people are out of bed on Thanksgiving morning, I'll be running in a 10K Turkey Trot
fing02[1].gif

cheers.gif
I'll hopefully be banging out another 8-miler, with any luck. That is, once I put the turkey in the oven.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Guys! Moments of bliss are found everywhere, if you just look around. It doesn't have to be chocolate and flour and lard! Try music, or books, take up a hobby or learn a new skill. Read P.G. Wodehouse while sipping a good bourbon. Play with your pets, if you have them. That kind of thing.

but chocolate, flour, and lard is so tasty. especially combined.
frown.gif

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
You ponder the great questions of the universe every day, almost single-handedly run the Great State of Ohio, and the rest of your day is spent reading the Great Works in your mahogany-paneled library. Forgive me for asking, but why are your days so long?
It's not obvious?
confused.gif

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10K Turkey Trot? I assume thats the one in Dana Point. Looks like a beautiful run around that harbor. I had dinner at the harbor last night. Thanksgiving morning I will be waking up early and getting a round of golf in before the festivities later on.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
but chocolate, flour, and lard is so tasty. especially combined.
frown.gif

seek happiness outside the pantry, young paduan.

adobe10

Reaction score
i just bought a pedometer. tells me how many steps i did for a day. 1000 steps a day is my target
smile.gif

wahwho11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
post pics of yourself twice a month and we judge you accordingly. if internet criticism doesn't get to you, nothing will.

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
good question. this has always been my weak point of the year all my life. i am statistically heavier during the holidays (fall /winter starting around halloween) than any other time of the year.

it is going to be tough and eating alot will not be an opt out in many cases as my family and functions and so forth requires me to join in the fun. so i do and dont worry about it. this is one of the reasons why i want to ramp up as much as i can before the big holiday (xmas for me) hits. thanksgiving this year luckily will be a non factor as it will be pretty much non eventful for me as no body is getting together due to some strange anomalous circumstances.

but during the xmas peak season: a week before xmas and up through new years and a few days after, there are tons of shopping with family, eating out, vacation days to go to functions, eat, family dinners, shopping and eating out and leftovers and eating at the office as so many depts let out food and treats.

so i wil have to ramp up quickly through now to about mid december as much as i can

You could try eating less at family functions

Instead of eating each type or each aunt's desert eat one instead and eat it slowly to match the speed of your family. It might help.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads