Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Please help me lose 20 lbs

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by sho'nuff, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

2. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Ah, my mistake. I see your tolerance is second to none.

Some people have a travel coffee mug. I have a travel spill-proof whiskey nosing glass.

3. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

4. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

5. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

6. forex

forex Senior member

I lost 22 lbs in three weeks on South Beach; phase 1 is very restrictive and an absolute bitch the first few days but beyond that it's fine. The tenets are very simple: no sugar and no carbs. Most everything else is fair game.

that's fucked up,22 lbs in 3 weeks?How many pounds were you?

7. BDC2823

BDC2823 Senior member

Some people have a travel coffee mug. I have a travel spill-proof whiskey nosing glass.

Is this your daily commuter flask...

[​IMG]

8. Asch

Asch Senior member

The bottom line is: you've got to stock the house with reasonably healthy foods, and avoid going out whenever possible. I bring my lunch to work, largely because then I exert portion control and know what I'm getting.
    + a billion. Never rely on in-the-moment willpower when you're hungry. Exert remote-control by manipulating your environment (e.g., the foods stocked in your cupboard) to constrain your choices.

9. BDC2823

BDC2823 Senior member

+ a billion. Never rely on in-the-moment willpower when you're hungry. Exert remote-control by manipulating your environment (e.g., the foods stocked in your cupboard) to constrain your choices.

When you figure this out Sho'Nuff, let me know as I'd like one as well...

[​IMG]

10. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Is this your daily commuter flask...

[​IMG]

naah - the mouth opening is too small, and you can't really get a good sniff of what you're drinking. No point in getting liquored up if you can't enjoy what you're drinking.

11. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

In my credenza: Clif Builder Bars, maybe oatmeal squares. In the office fridge/kitchen: yogurt, apples, peanut butter, whatever lunch I brought that day.

12. wahwho11

wahwho11 Senior member

get tuna, eat a can everyday. just becuase you exercised a shit ton doesn't mean you can eat a shit ton. hide all foods. out of sight is out of mind.

13. BDC2823

BDC2823 Senior member

naah - the mouth opening is too small, and you can't really get a good sniff of what you're drinking. No point in getting liquored up if you can't enjoy what you're drinking.

Makes sense and this is a viable alternative...

[​IMG]

14. BDC2823

BDC2823 Senior member

In my credenza: Clif Builder Bars, maybe oatmeal squares. In the office fridge/kitchen: yogurt, apples, peanut butter, whatever lunch I brought that day.

What are your typical easy to make lunches you bring to the office? Like a sandwich and salad? I'd like to do this, but out of laziness and an unwillingness to not hit the snooze button 3 times per morning, I haven't gotten around to bringing my lunch to work.

15. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

What are your typical easy to make lunches you bring to the office? Like a sandwich and salad? I'd like to do this, but out of laziness and an unwillingness to not hit the snooze button 3 times per morning, I haven't gotten around to bringing my lunch to work.

My really really easy lunch is:

whole wheat bagel
    can of tuna
    extra-virgin olive oil
    balsamic or red-wine vinegar

here's the kicker - I can keep everything at the office, so let's say Monday I hit the grocery store, pick up a six-pack of wheat bagels, some cans of tuna, and a medium bottle of evoo and vinegar. Nothing needs refrigeration, all you really need is a can opener, and you're set.

Add some natural peanut butter (also can keep at the office) and an apple and you're good. Or a cup of yogurt. Or - last week I baked (whole-wheat) muffins and those were a good mid-morning snack between breakfast and late lunch. Bag, grab, and go.