• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please help me find this jacket

morlupalok

Reaction score
Help! I've been looking everywhere for these type of jackets. I believe they're referred to either as Derby or La Paz jackets. The most famous is the Derby of San Francisco Jackets. I know those are discontinued and are being remade, but I'm just looking for this style of jacket.

http://i52.tinypic.com/2lvn2ua.gif

http://i53.tinypic.com/4jxqfb.gif

Also, they're not the one's with the thick inside filling either. They're lightweight outerwear jackets. The best type that I have (discontinued) are the Towncraft cape shoulder jacket made by JC Penney's. Does anyone know where I can buy these? I see people where them and I don't know where they get them from. They keep telling me, "I forgot!" strange!

Thanks in advance,
Morlupalok

morlupalok

Reaction score
Those stores don't carry this type of jacket. Anyone else maybe knows? or perhaps somewhere online I can buy these style of jackets?

morlupalok

Reaction score
I was asking where I can find this jacket and if someone was kind enough to assist me, not whether they personally like the jacket style. That doesn't matter to me.

tone76

Reaction score
Thrift store, maybe? It looks like a somewhat dated design.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks like a work jacket. Look at a place that sells workwear. There's a similar one on Drysdale's website, page 5 of the men's>outwerwear>jackets heading. Or you can browse yourself.

Also, if you're considering it, don't try the firefox 4 beta yet. Copy/Paste keeps conking out.

morlupalok

Reaction score
I don't see it. I see one that is vaguely similar, but it's too thick and doesn't have that patented double seam going around the upper part of the jacket.

morlupalok

Reaction score
I've googled that name before and went to almost the 100th page in images and couldn't find anything that resembled it.
frown.gif

mic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ALFAMALE
I think what your looking for is a harrington jacket, google it and you will find many brands that make it.

+1.

Try the streetwear forum, they will be more familiar with these.

morlupalok

Reaction score
Wow, I posted this in the streetwear forum and they closed the thread. I'm astounded that nobody in a forum dedicated to styles of clothing can help me with this.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by morlupalok
Wow, I posted this in the streetwear forum and they closed the thread. I'm astounded that nobody in a forum dedicated to styles of clothing can help me with this.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Sorry that you haven't gotten the help you're looking for. Wasn't the response in the streetwear forum was exactly what you're looking for?

Peak and Pine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by morlupalok
...it's too thick and doesn't have that patented double seam going around the upper part of the jacket.

That seam is patented? By whom, the King of Queens?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads