Please help me find "peach finish" dress pants

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by sirbruce, Feb 7, 2017.

1. sirbruce

sirbruce New Member

Hi guys, really need some help locating some hard to find dress pants (business casual). Several years ago, I used to have some very comfortable and soft pleated dress pants that had a peach finish to them. If you google for "Bergamo New York pants" you can find some links online to eBay, Swap, etc. with the sort of pant I'm looking for. Seems like they don't make these anymore, so I'm looking for a replacement.

I've searched often for "microfiber suede", etc. pants online and there are a lot out there, but they all seem to have that classic textured finish, and I'm looking for something else. A lot of people seem to think I'm looking for wool or corduroy; that's not it either. I'm looking for what I think is termed PEACH FINISH or PEACHED. I don't care if they are 100% polyester so long as they are soft and comfortable. Thanks!

2. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

You sure it's not cotton?

3. sirbruce

sirbruce New Member

According to the label it's 100% polyester. If you google for the pants in question you'll find labels indicating a polyester blend.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017

4. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

Gotcha. Probably not what you want to hear, but there are tons of "soft and comfortable" fabrics out there that you can find as a replacement..wool flannel, cords, cotton twill, etc. I've never heard the term peach finished or peached before.

5. sirbruce

sirbruce New Member

I really don't know what to say beyond google it and see for yourself and then maybe it will spark something. Essentially, it's not a matter of type of fabric but of the exterior finish. Instead of a texture or weave, it's like suede or peach fuzz. You've seen it on lots of clothes; the issue is finding it on some dressier pants.

6. styc

styc Well-Known Member

Uniqlo should have some. You can also checkout Hardy Amies. Malford of London eBay store used to carry a ton of Hardy Amies pants (saw a few in peach a few weeks ago and they sold for anywhere between USD$50 to $80)

7. sirbruce

sirbruce New Member

styc,

I checked out both merchants you mentioned and couldn't find anything labeled "peach" or "peached", and even looking at individual listings didn't show me another but the usual standard finishes (although Malford of London does have some velvet tuxedo pants up). Can you point me towards anything specific? Also, when you said "saw a few in peach" it sounds like you're thinking about color, which is not what I'm talking about.