• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please Help Me Figure Out What This Shirt Fabric Is!

flewislog

Reaction score
I'd like to get some shirts made. I have a couple favorite shirts that I have worn out over the past few years. I'd like to replicate them or at least approximate them - particularly the fabric. One is a Made in Switzerland Zegna - white button down with a button down collar. It looks like it might have the weave of an oxford cloth, but it's super soft and silky. I've taken a bunch of pictures of the shirt which I've attached. Any ideas on where I would get this fabric?
Pictures of shirt and fabric here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/GJZyAq2KvSQF6TmU8
Thanks!!

flewislog

Reaction score
IMG_2080.jpg

I've attached one close up here if you don't want to mess with the google photo album. The google photo album has pictures of all the tags in the shirt if that would somehow help with the id. Thanks!

Panama

Reaction score
Panama Oxford or another kind of basket weave. I don't think it's a Royal Oxford.

Panama

Reaction score
Leno has a waffle texture. It could be an open weave, but it doesn't look like mine.
There are various Oxfords such as Prince Oxford that are rarely seen.

20180511_195412.jpg

Grace@Apposta

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'd like to get some shirts made. I have a couple favorite shirts that I have worn out over the past few years. I'd like to replicate them or at least approximate them - particularly the fabric. One is a Made in Switzerland Zegna - white button down with a button down collar. It looks like it might have the weave of an oxford cloth, but it's super soft and silky. I've taken a bunch of pictures of the shirt which I've attached. Any ideas on where I would get this fabric?
Pictures of shirt and fabric here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/GJZyAq2KvSQF6TmU8
Thanks!!

While the fabric resembles that of a type of oxford/ pin point. You can have the shirt cloned, fabric and style of shirt, where the hard work searching for something similar, is taken away, leaving you to design or customize your shirt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads