1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Please Help Me - Dress Shirt Help Needed

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by EssArTee4, Feb 5, 2013.

1. EssArTee4

EssArTee4 Member

Ok so ive reached my breaking point on researching slim fit shirts that fit the best.

The truth is i either find the slim fits on certain brands...too slim - or too baggy.

So the only thing i can think of is i just need to have them tailored.

Now on to my few questions.

Can a decent tailor take a regular shirt that would fit me like a kite and make it fit perfect? I could stick with the slim fit so they wont have as much to take off. I feel like finding the best fitting shirt is becoming an obsession. I'm failing.

And last question. Who makes the best shirts for around $60.

I do like alot of purple dress shirts, striped, window pain style.

Please help this headache i have brought upon my self!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  2. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

As long as the shoulder, neck, and sleeve length (and even that is fixable) are spot on your tailor can make it look like it was made-to-measure. I've been having this obsession myself on everything.

As far as the shirt go, I tend to get my inexpensive dress shirts from Banana Republic or Brooks Bros sales.
    I have a friend who was considering getting a custom made shirt but i find there's no practical
    purpose for this. Easier (and WAY cheaper) to do like you said.

Cheers.

3. ctkim

ctkim Well-Known Member

try moderntailor.com. there's a huge thread for moderntailor.

4. landshark

landshark Senior member

Brooks brothers. Try the extra slim fit, slim fit and classic fit. Find the one that fits best and tailor it after if you need to.