1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Please help me buy a briefcase

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by braindrain, Nov 18, 2012.

1. braindrain

braindrain Senior member

I'm sure there are other threads, but I would appreciate your guys' input on helping me buy a briefcase.

I'm a lawyer and would really like either a doctor's bag or soft leather briefcase. I sort of have a preference for soft leather bags that also have a shoulder strap, but not necessary at all. I need enough space for a computer, papers and maybe a pocket or two for organizing (do not need something super organized). Very interested in high quality products but unwilling to go to eyepopping Valextra prices. Probably $1000 or less budget. Black or brown is fine, but I don't want light brown. Nothing flashy.

If it's any help, I appreciate design and materials very much. For reference, I like a lot of SZ brands but not into the ninja styling (for myself). Obviously this has nothing to with a briefcase, but thought it might help. Not looking for, like, a Ferragamo or Gucci bag.

I can post some pictures as guideposts, but any and all suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Thank you!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  2. minervau

minervau Senior member

Hey, I'm in the same boat, lawyer looking for a good briefcase. I'm searched this site and there seems to be rather sparse advice on this matter (other than: get a Swaine Adeney).

One maker I've seen recommended here and who works at a very reasonable price point is Henry Tomkins Leather in the UK. Far under the $1k budget but a bag made of genuine vegetable tanned leather -- I think it's going to be my first briefcase buy.

3. bboysdontcryy

bboysdontcryy Senior member

See Pickett, and Papworth, Sage Brown. All within your budget.

4. margaret mac

margaret mac New Member

Henry Tompkins (UK) wil probably be able to make you what you want and you will be pleased with the product and pricei. I am a customer of his, no other connection.

5. Equus Leather

Equus Leather Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Theres a chap whose a member here called thebagmaker or somehing similar whose work looks good - might be worth looking him up

6. scotchman

scotchman Well-Known Member

Robe di Firenze. Very affordable, around 400 USD. Just check out forzieri.com they have a pretty large selection.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013