• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please Help - How Do I Get This Hairstyle?

Hey Man

Reaction score
Hey All,

Let me first say that Tom Cruise is crazy, but I really like the hairstyle from Mission Impossible 2. My hair is about the length required and I am going to see my guy tomorrow at the salon I go to. What do I tell him in terms of cutting. Are the sides tapered? Is it all one length on the sides?

Sure I can take him pictures, but I want to be able to convey in words how the style needs to be cut. In addition, how do I style it in the morning when it is towel dried. What products should I use? How do I maintain it?

Check out these links - when you open up the page, you will see the option to click to view full size image as you scroll down.

http://www.tomcruisefan.com/gallery/...lbum=293&pos=4

http://www.tomcruisefan.com/gallery/....php?pos=-7426

Presently my hair is kinda like this:

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/T...ig/photo32.jpg

I would appreciate step by step advice with how to achieve this look.

Thanks a million.

sam

Reaction score
Go to a good stylist with pictures in hand. You'll probably need your hair thinned, where they leave the length intact and remove the bulk. I'm guessing mouse or paste to give it that shine afterward.

mendel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sam
I'm guessing mouse or paste to give it that shine afterward.

And be sure to get fresh mice.
colgate.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads