• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PLEASE HELP!! Hemmed my Roy denim and think I messed up

kraska

Reaction score
I just purchased a pair of roy denim, I'm a bit nervous because I just got them hemmed and I didn't think about the shrinkage......well I did, but all of my other jeans i've had never shrunk that much(a.p.c, Nudies,) I got my roy's hemmed pretty much true to size, I added a inch or so because I cuff the bottoms. I'm worried whats gonna happen when I eventually need to wash them. Is there anyway to reduce the shrinkage? WHAT SHOULD I DO!?!?!?!

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dont wash them ever or dont cuff or sell and buy new pair

no idea how much roys shrink but assuming u bought from self edge it should be listed there to account for shrinkage

kraska

Reaction score
yeah I thought of dry cleaning, will that make the indigo fade at all?

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
self edge says 3" shrink in length
musicboohoo[1].gif

bare bodkin

Reaction score
Don't think so. You win some, you lose some. For what its worth, I don't think you have to worry about the inseam shrinking more than an inch, if that.

Edit: Apparently, you should worry.

kraska

Reaction score
yeah, thats what I figured, do you know if I would be able to stretch the inseam while there still wet? And let me get this whole unsanforized denim thing straight.....your suppose to "shrink" them first?? them hem them and wear them?? Wouldn't that "set" the indigo in? reduce the fading and all that jazz?

kraska

Reaction score
OOHHH nooooo!!!! I had a bad feeling about thissss! I guess I do worry!!

kraska

Reaction score
I'll just wear the **** otta them for a good year and see what happens I guess.....Most likely dry clean them:/

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah with unsanforized i usually do a 2 hour hotsoak on the hottest water that can come out of the faucet, if it still didnt shrink enough i throw em in for another 1-2 hours... that will get all the shrinkage out...

you can hem before hand, but always account for shrinkage of about 2.5 inches or so

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you better not wear them when its raining out... if you get caught in a rainstorm they are going to shrink like mad... so if they fit perfect now without shrinking, you are screwed, that means you bought a size too small.

kraska

Reaction score
yeah i ordered the jeans to fit me perfect:/ well i guess ill just have to see what happends......

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads