• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PLEASE HELP!! Hemmed my Roy denim and think I messed up

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
okay dude, you don't believe jeans can shrink that much? wash em and toss em in the dryer, I'm sure you will be fine

kraska

Reaction score
im not sayin that man, i just never owned a pair of UN-SANFORIZED DENIM ive only had SANFORIZED so i'm pretty much clueless hence why i'm on here trying to figure it out. Every pair of jeans ive had I just wore and dident wash for about 8 months....with these i'm reading you need to shrink them first?? does the indigo bleed out? or set in when you do that? I'm just trying to figure out about un-sanforized denim.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I eagerly await the "aww shizz my mom machine-washed my roys while I was at the premier of 'Harry Potter and the Druid of Blagamore,' now what???" thread in one year

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kraska
And whodini I've obesely have some extra cash around to buy me some denim. these jeans dident run me broke dude. damn what a dick.
worship.gif

I'm speechless.

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And whodini I've obesely have some extra cash around to buy me some denim. these jeans dident run me broke dude. damn what a dick.

took me like 10min to figure out he was trying to spell obviously

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The tailor didn't leave any extra cloth to let it out a bit? Well if it does shrink I guess you can cuff them once or twice and pretend you're like those j crew models who cuff their jeans to the lower shin. Remember not to wear socks. Haha.

kraska

Reaction score
yeah, I wear my jeans cuffed already I have about a 1" cuff, and there pretty short. I would post some pictures if I knew how....but all in all I think i get it, dont wash/ avoid rain if possible/ dry clean only I guess;/ even if I have these jeans for 8 months(without them shrinking) I would be happy with that. I hope it goes well.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
ey dog, these jeans din't make me broke dog

GlenCoe

Reaction score
I've obesely have some extra cash around to buy me some denim. these jeans dident run me broke dude.

Then I don't understand the caps in the thread title and neither your obvious panic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads