• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please help find this tie worn by Stephen Colbert

kurbelei

Reaction score
I'm not sold on the idea of wearing a lighter blue tie with my navy blue BB 1818 Fitzgerald and a white dress shirt to job interviews. I've heard that red ties are for old men. I don't like predominantly red ties to begin with. Long story short, a few pages of google image search later, I find this tie worn by Stephen Colbert that seems a perfect balance of red and navy blue to go with the navy blue jacket and white dress shirt. Does anyone know offhand where I can find the same or a comparable tie? I'm open to other recommendations as well.

stock pic of bb 1818 fitzgerald in navy blue:
http://s7d4.scene7.com/is/image/Broo...ProductImages$

pic of colbert in red/navy striped tie, white shirt, and navy blue jacket
scrncap-81709.jpg

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone will probably be along to tell you who is credited as Colbert's wardrobe supplier, in the meantime I'll just say that from the small pic it looks a little like this.

vncrz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kaplan
Someone will probably be along to tell you who is credited as Colbert's wardrobe supplier, in the meantime I'll just say that from the small pic it looks a little like this.

Spot on

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/aboutus/news.tem
"THE COLBERT REPORT
Brooks Brothers is the exclusive clothing provider for Stephen Colbert - host of The Colbert Report on Comedy Central. Stephen Colbert wears our clothing exclusively on the show and for all press opportunities. Recently he has been seen in the following media outlets appearing in Brooks Brothers: The Emmy Awards (in a Brooks Brothers Made-to-Measure tuxedo), Entertainment Weekly, Men's Vogue, New York Magazine (cover), Newsweek, and Rolling Stone (cover)."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads