• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please critique these Nudies!

Presto87

Reaction score
Hey guys ... I finally made the jump to dropping the $$$'s on a decent pair of jeans. First of all, I apologize for the absolute rubbish quality of the pics - camera phone! Just wanted feedback ASAP - just got them on the weekend =)

Ok, so bear in mind a couple of things ... I don't want to get them altered - weird I know ... I just have this thing where I'm **** scared that if I alter them just a "bit" too much - I'd be screwed - plus I like cuffing - brings attention to my shoes in my opinion
wink.gif

So hopefully, if these attachments work - CRITIQUE!

Presto87

Reaction score
Oh sorry yea forgot to mention ... with regards to the cuffing ... opinions on the size of the cuffs? Too big? Too small? etc.

And also what shoes I should consider pairing these with - I just chucked "those" on because I had them lying around - at the moment, thinking black or white leather chucks?

pantheist

Reaction score
cuffs are kind of big for my liking but its up to you. which nudies did you get?

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
from the pic the dont look cuffed, they look rolled. I would definitely alter them but thats ur choice.

Presto87

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
from the pic the dont look cuffed, they look rolled. I would definitely alter them but thats ur choice.

Rolled? As in - like rolling up sleeves??? Nah! I FOLDED them twice over - about a thumb length ... For those "into" cuffing jeans - what do you guys reckon?

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Folding twice is considered rolling. IMO cuffing would mean just folding them back once. I used to think cuffed look better but now I am all about stacking. I am a 32x32 roughly not taking stretch into consideration and I am going to look for my next pair with a 36 or greater inseam. Possibly even 38 if I can find it.

Presto87

Reaction score
Oh my bad! Didn't realise that ... so then yea - I guess I "rolled" them then :p

Yea stacking doesn't work for me ... I personally think stacking looks best with skinny jeans - "slim jims" etc. Haven't made the leap into skinny jeans just yet - doubt that I will either! Just look wrong on me :p

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Not into the cuffed/stacked look where the hem is cuffed but it's still long enough for it to stack/break that much.

I would think you'd be better off hemming them a tad and letting it stack, uncuffed. But if you decide to hem, might be a good idea to do a cold soak first to get any inseam shrinkage out of the way.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not sure those are cuffable in that they may be a slight boot cut. It's hard to tell from the pic. If they are straight or tapered, OK, but you should cuff them higher or soak them as Jason mentioned.

Also, it's hard to tell from half shots like that but if you are a thin guy then they may be too full overall as well, as you'd have to wear bulkier stuff that will hang on your frame to balance them out.

Presto87

Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
I'm not sure those are cuffable in that they may be a slight boot cut. It's hard to tell from the pic. If they are straight or tapered, OK, but you should cuff them higher or soak them as Jason mentioned.

Also, it's hard to tell from half shots like that but if you are a thin guy then they may be too full overall as well, as you'd have to wear bulkier stuff that will hang on your frame to balance them out.

Yea yea, I'm thin and short as well .... I know, I know - a shorter guy isn't "supposed" to be cuffing pants ... but as I said - I don't mind it ...

With regards to cuffing them higher ... you mean so that they don't stack at all?? Should I cuff so that at the back they fall to the base of the heel (of the shoes) with a slight break over the front? Or .... ???

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, so there is only a small break at the front, and no drag in the back. But I wouldn't crease a cuff until you have shrunk them, they might shrink in the length and then you'll have a line/hole in a weird spot.

Presto87

Reaction score
Ok, so I bought a pair of black/white (white laces) Chucks - leather hi-tops today ... and increased the size of the cuff ever so slightly ... atm they sit just above the heel (so that the "All*Star" is just visible at the base) ... they stack a little bit less than in the pic - so not too bad!

Sorry for the dumb question ... the sales chick was like make sure not to wash for atleast 6 months or so ... but if you want the dark look - dry clean etc. How do I shrink them without losing any of the indigo colour??? And when you say "crease" the cuff - you mean like pressing down so it seems "permanent"? Does that make sense? :p

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Presto87
Sorry for the dumb question ... the sales chick was like make sure not to wash for atleast 6 months or so ... but if you want the dark look - dry clean etc. How do I shrink them without losing any of the indigo colour??? And when you say "crease" the cuff - you mean like pressing down so it seems "permanent"? Does that make sense? :p

They are sanforized, you don't have to shrink them before you start wearing them. If they stretch out and you want to shrink them with minimal indigo loss, just soak them in water.

Presto87

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
They are sanforized, you don't have to shrink them before you start wearing them. If they stretch out and you want to shrink them with minimal indigo loss, just soak them in water.

Are you sure I don't need to shrink them?
The poster above my last post believes they do!?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads