1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Please Critique my WW Chan and Geneva

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by emc894, Jun 19, 2010.

1. JL724

JL724 Senior member

Is this type of fit typical of what Geneva produces? I planned to stop in a couple weeks to place my first order, but shirts I buy OTR fit better than what was posted in this thread. Certainly not what I would expect from a $300+ shirt.

The idea of having to pay them for 2, 3 or 4 shirts to get the pattern right seems outrageous to me.

2. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

Is this type of fit typical of what Geneva produces? I planned to stop in a couple weeks to place my first order, but shirts I buy OTR fit better than what was posted in this thread. Certainly not what I would expect from a $300+ shirt.

The idea of having to pay them for 2, 3 or 4 shirts to get the pattern right seems outrageous to me.

No - they are very good. The OP had complained of 'tightness' and had them loosen up the shirt from the original version. Foo got blasted for pointing out that evaluating a shirt based on a few sloppily-tucked examples isn't ideal, and he is totally right.

You'll be v. happy w/ Geneva.

3. Ataturk

Ataturk Senior member

Lots of people confuse fit with just how tight the shirt is, and, so mafoofan was right to point that out. But that shirt has some pretty egregious fit problems that aren't related to how tight it is or how it's tucked in. Look at all the pulling in the upper chest. Was the shirt like that before they altered it? I don't know (I tend to think it was), but the guy ended up with a really poor shirt.

Others have had good experiences though.

4. Concordia

Concordia Senior member Dubiously Honored

Sure the suit needs a few tweaks, but it's within shouting distance of a very nice, versatile model.

No real idea of what's up with the shirt.

5. GBR

GBR Senior member

You should have rejected the trousers as you suggest - too long. Otherwise the suit is Ok for a first attempt, Chan get better the second or third time - as with many tailors where tweaking is a benefit.

The shirt is not bad but you have not told us what instructions you gave. If you like a loose fitting shirt them maybe OK: Not to everyone's taste, but your privilege and they have served you well. If you want a body hugging garment then some alterations are needed.