1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Please critique my first bespoke/mtm suit and shirt (Navy European cut)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Nguyenning, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Nguyenning

Nguyenning Active Member

I'm sure getting the jacket remade wouldn't be an ordeal with my guy or anything, but obviously would like to avoid that if at all possible. Hoping this trimming the shoulders thing will do the job. Again, it's my first real suit... first MTM suit and second suit that I own. I hardly ever wear suits, but being in my mid 20s, it's good to own at least one solid suit.

2. GBR

GBR Senior member

Chris Despos has picked up the left shoulder and there is nothing to ad to his expert suggestions.

The trousers are a little too long as you suggest.

However the overall effect is quite decent and you look fine in it.

Do you have a flap on the left trouser back pocket and something else on the right? Difficult to tell from these photographs but they look slightly different.

By the way where was this made/are you out of curiosity? Thanks for posting, a comprehensive set of photographs if a little dark. Can you post the missing one please? - the inside of the coat showing lining pockets etc: It can be interesting to see how your tailor has finished it.

3. Nguyenning

Nguyenning Active Member

Got the trousers hemmed 3/4 of an inch today along with the shoulder trimming/narrowing. It's double vented... I may have had my keys or wallet in my back right pocket/was messing around with it quite a bit and didn't think to straighten out the vents for the pics.

I'm based in Dallas, TX and went through D. Jones Tailored Collection from a friend's referral. http://djones.com/

When I pickup the suit from the tailor one final time, I'll take pics of the inside. It's violet-ish... with my name stitched, but yes I'll send photos so you all can see how the tailor has finished it.

Thanks for your input. Hoping this attempt at fixing the shoulder works. It's one of those things that turned into a glaring issue the more I kept staring at it. Then I'd show others and no one ever mentioned a thing (obviously not everyones as critical as you guys here, but you get the point)

4. GBR

GBR Senior member

How did this suit end up? Left sightly in mid air

5. rclark

rclark Active Member

I agree, the minor bunching on your left may be your physiology as opposed to the tailor... Best to take it in and have it checked out. Either way it is fixable.

The trousers look good to me, you can shorten them a bit to remove a bit of "bunching" if you like, but that's more a matter of personal preference.